Vitamin question

DaniHappy2Bhere
on 3/2/12 2:56 am
 Ok... I do not want to start another vitamin debate, I am looking for opinions or experience. I'm pre-surgery and am looking at this one for now and then along with the recommended single vitamins like B12 and calcium. after I can swallow pills again post surgery. I am doing a lot of research because I want to do everything possible to prevent being one of the people that gets sick with a vitamin deficency, although I know you can do everything right as still get them.  This is the name of it and the breakdown.
Nature's Way Alive Once Daily Women's Multi-Vitamin Ultra Potency 

% Daily Value

Vitamin A (50% [3,750 IU] as Vitamin A acetate and 50% [3,750 IU] as beta carotene)

150%

Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)

200%

Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)

250%

Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate)

333%

Vitamin K (as phytonadione)

125%

Thiamin (as thiamin mononitrate)

1667%

Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)

1471%

Niacin (as niacinamide)

250%

Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)

2000%

Folic Acid

200%

Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)

1667%

Biotin

108%

Pantothenic Acid (as d-calcium pantothenate)

400%

Calcium (from Aquamin® calcified mineral source Red AlgaeLithothamnion sp. [whole plant], as oxide)

20%

Iron (as ferrous fumarate)

100%

Iodine (as potassium iodide)

100%

Magnesium (from Aquamin® calcified mineral source Red AlgaeLithothamnion sp. [whole plant], as oxide)

25%

Zinc (as zinc oxide)

100%

Selenium (as sodium selenate)

357%

Copper (as copper sulfate)

100%

Manganese (as manganese sulfate)

250%

Chromium (as chromium picolinate)

208%

Molybdenum (as sodium molybdate)

100%

Orchard Fruits Blend 
Pomegranate (seed), açai extract (whole palm fruit), juice powders, grape, plum, cranberry, blueberry, strawberry, blackberry, bilberry, cherry, apricot, papaya, orange, pineapple

Garden Veggie™ Juice Powder Blend
Parsley, kale, spinach, wheat grass, brussels sprout, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, beet, carrot, cabbage, garlic

Cardiovascular Blend with Resveratrol
Hawthorn (berry), Japanese knotweed standardized to 50% resveratrol, coenzyme Q10 (ubiquinone)

CranRx™ Urinary Anti-Adherence 100% Whole Cranberry
fruit solids (Early Black variety) standardized to PACs (proanthocyanidis)

Hair, Skin & Nail Blend MSM
Horsetail grass (stem, leaf), methylsulfonymethane (MSM), Tru-OPCs™ grape seed extract standardized to 95% antioxidants (65% oligomeric procyanidis [OPCs], 30% other active polyphenols)

Flax Lignan Blend with SDG Lignans
High lignan flax fiber (seed), flax lignan extract (seed hulls) standardized to 20% secoisolariciresinol digycoside (SDG) lignan

Green Food/Spirulina Blend
Spirulina (microalgae), kelp/bladderwrack (whole thallus), alfalfa (leaf, stem), barley grass (grass), dandelion (leaf), wheat grass )grass), melissa (leaf), lemon grass (grass), nettle (leaf), blessed thistle (stem, leaf, flower), chlorella (broken-cell microalgae), plantain (leaf), blue grass algae (microalgae), cilantro (leaf)

Organic Mushroom Defense Blend
Cordyceps, reishi, shiitake, hiratake, maitake, yamabu****ake, himematsutake, kawaratake, chaga, zhu ling, agarikon, mesima

Digestive Enzyme Blend 
Concentrated enzyme formula (protease I, protease II, peptizyme SP, amylase, lactase, invertase, lipase, cellulase, alpha galactosidase), betaine HCl, bromelain (from pineapple), papain (from papaya)

Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex 
(from lemon, orange, grapefruit, lime, tangerine) providing: hesperidin, naringin, narirutin, eriocitrin, flavonols and flavones

Choline (as choline bitartrate)

Inositol

Rutin

Boron (as amino acid chelate) 1,000 mcg

Lutein (from marigold)

~Dani 

poet_kelly
on 3/2/12 3:02 am - OH
That would be fine.  Any adult multi with 100% of the RDA of most stuff is OK.  This one has more than 100% of many things, but that shouldn't be a problem unless your labs start to show you are too high in something.  With most multis, we need two a day but I'm not sure if I would take this one twice or just once a day.  If you take it just once, you would not be getting enough vitamin A, probably.  You'd probably need to supplement with additional A.  But you might be getting enough of the other stuff.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

april89love
on 3/2/12 3:29 am - NC
Is this an extended release vitamin? Seems like all the ones I have seen similar have been. We don't do extended release well.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

DaniHappy2Bhere
on 3/2/12 3:49 am, edited 3/2/12 3:49 am
 I've looked at the label and all over, I don't see extended release anywhere on it. I did go ahead and order it, so when it gets here I will check to see if it has an enteric coating and a phone number to check. This bottle will be good for pre-surgery whether it is or not and if it's extended release I will find another one. I hope not, I've done a lot of research to find this one.  It will be what it will be however.  :)
~Dani 

april89love
on 3/2/12 4:26 am - NC
It it's not extended release that would be great. I would like to try them myself. Are you getting them on amazon?

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

DaniHappy2Bhere
on 3/2/12 5:45 am, edited 3/2/12 5:45 am
I'm getting them from Vitacost.  I've used them for a lot time so I trust the company to send things timely. I wrote to Nature's way to ask them if the vitamin is time released or not, so I'm waiting to find out.
~Dani 

rbb825
on 3/2/12 1:07 pm - Suffern, NY
I will say honestly, I am not into all the organic stuff in it.  It has alot of stuff that you dont need and I am not sure what benefit you will get from them.  I dont' know how expensive they are and you can get a great really cheap multi right in your local pharmach or walmart.
There is one ingredient that sticks out that I do want to warn you of is MSM - if you are allergic to sulfa antibiotics like bactrim, you can't take anything with MSM, so be careful

centrum silver chewables has everything you need and they taste great.  You need 200% of daily values.  You take 2 per day and you are set.  When I get them in either CVS or my supermarket they are $11.79 and they last 2 months.

for calcium - for pills you can swallow stick with citrical either maximums which are 630mg for 2 tablets, take 3 times per day.  the petites are 600mg for 3 tablets, take 3 times per day.

for chewables - go to bariatric advantage - either lozenges - 500mg each - I love the cherry ones.  there are also chewies, that are 250mg, take 2 at a time, I love the raspberry ones. Each of these you have to take 3-4 times per day.

For B12 - you can either buy sublinguals in the local pharmacy or vitamin shoppe - or get a monthly injeciton

iron - vitalady.com - tender irons - chewables at first - 25mg each but need to get chewable vitamin C to with it - 200mg of C for every 30mg of iron.  the capsules are 60mg and have the necessary vitamin C in them.  You should start with atleast 50-60mg of iron.

vitamin B1 - once you can swallow it -get 100mg of vitamin B1 at the pharmacy or vitamin shoppe.

vitamin D - dry D3 from vitalady.com = either 5,000 units or 50,000 units capsules - depending on low your levels are.  Almost everyone needs high doses - minimum starting dose is 5,000-10,000 units daily

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 510 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 492 views