People who are more then 8 months out

Lisa R.
on 3/4/12 11:54 am - CA
 Ok, so what are  you eating?  I'm not one of those people who counts calories, I sometimes run a total just to see where I am so I know if I am eating too much, but overall I just try to make good food choices.  My tastes have changed so much sine pre op. I used to hate granola and now I love it, like it's a treat.  I also HATE turkey now, can't put it anywhere near my mouth.  People talk about it and it makes me want to puke.  But anyway, I just wondered what people eat who are as far out as I am (10 months) Here is a sample of a typical day...

one scrambled egg
grande skinny caramel machiato (bad but it's my vice, no sugar and high protein 15 grams)
small cheese, sometimes a yogurt too
Lunch: salad and protein, fat free chili, a WW mini burger (love them, not too bad on carbs)
Quest bar for snack (favorite part of my day!) 20 grams of protein and tons of fiber
Dinner: protein and whatever, about 200 to 300 calories for dinner
snack at bed (dried peas, beef jerkey, but lately it's been an oat and honey nature valley bar) bad I know, but like I said I am hooked on them!  They are just high in carbs, not anything bad.

I can't imagine how this amount of food could ever make me regain weight, but I just wonder what others are eating at this stage.  Thanks for your input.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
poet_kelly
on 3/4/12 11:59 am - OH
Well, I'm further out than you, but my day looks something like this:

Breakfast- protein bar

Lunch- bean, or chili, about one cup of food; maybe a big salad (I can eat more than one cup of that)

Snack- Greek yogurt, or sometimes fruit

Dinner- tonight I had Chipotle but normally I have something like vegetarian chili, or some sort of beans, or a stir fry, about a cup of food

Snack - Greek yogurt, maybe leftovers from dinner

Snack - protein shake

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Bettisima
on 3/4/12 12:26 pm
Lisa,

We are maybe a week apart in our surgery dates. I eat about 1200 calories a day and it looks something like this:

B: Greek yogurt
S: protein latte or dried edamame
L: 3-4 ounces of chicken and 1/4 cup of veggie or fruit
S: baby bel cheese, with wheat thins or apple slices
D: 3-4 ounces of protein depends on what I make for the family, with veggies, or quinoa, or fruit.
S: popcorn or cheese or peanut butter on toast

I try eggs every so often, but I don't want just eggs, I want the whole breakfast burrito and I try to stay away from that. I have hit a couple of time frames where not all of my choices were the best. So I like to say i have found what it takes to maintain at my current weight, but those last 15 pounds or so are killing me.

I worry about regain a lot. I don't track my food daily, but if I think I am starting to graze I will track everything for a week or two to regain focus.
LJ1972
on 3/4/12 12:32 pm, edited 3/4/12 12:32 am - FL
I am only (about) 7mths out, but I eat 1100-1200 calories a day.

B- gym days it is a protein shake w/ PB2 and 1/2 banana
- nongym days slice of P28 bread toasted, egg "Fried" in Pam, low sodium deli sliced ham, some sort of cheese

L - steamed tilapia (about 4oz) and 1/2c or so of steamed veggies
- 1/2- 1c of whatever I cook for my parents, + veggies

D -generally leftovers; 2-3oz of salmon (fills me more than anything else -even steak!), 1/2 WW Flatout, cheese, tomato and some sort of veggie side

S - 12 turkey pepperoni, 2 laughing cow light cheese; or 14 roasted almonds w/1 Babybel cheese; or 3oz greek yogurt, 1tbs sf preserves, 2 sliced strawberries, 1/4 or so of Fiber one

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

christinalee
on 3/5/12 2:07 am - At Home in, NH
I'm just over 8 months out and I eat well, if not predictably.

Breakfast during the Work Week: boiled egg/turkey sausage or an egg casserole with turkey sausage. On the weekends: protein pancakes and turkey sausage, oatmeal and turkey sausage (sorry for all the mentions of turkey ~oops~)

Lunch: Usually a serving of whatever I had for dinner the previous evening (taco casserole, chili, southwest chicken stew), veggie such as grape tomatos or cukes. On the weekend I usually make tuna salad and have it in a whole wheat pita with veggies.

Snack: string cheese, deli turkey (sorry again), Quest protein bar, fresh strawberries. Usually its a protein and a carb together to fuel my after work workout.

D: I'm creature of habit (and it's only me) so the meals I turn to are:

Taco casserole
Steak salad
Chicken Barley Stew
Chili
Chicken Salsa

I'll have 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of the casserole, a small serving of vegetable (green beans, squash, peas) and 1/4 cup of whole grain (rice, whole wheat couscous).

S: fat free hot chocolate and either nuts, or protein snack, or 3 cups of air-popped popcorn, or string cheese, or PB2 w/fruit, or cheese/crackers and pickles, or greek yogurt with fruit and granola, or a piece of Ghiradelli Intense Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt and Almonds.

My calories range from 1050 - 1300, my protein ranges from 85 - 110, depending on my workout effort, hunger level and hormonal cycle.

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Carol S.
on 3/5/12 1:03 pm - Milwaukee, WI
 Keep in mind, I run 4.5-10 miles a day.

Morning - coffee (I have to get the bowels moving before I run or things are not pretty when I do)
               - protein shake 

Snack - small apple
Lunch - scrambled eggs (2) 
              or 2 pieces of string cheese and some jerky
Snack- 12 oz non fat latte
Dinner - small portion of whatever the family is eating.  
Snack  - yogert non fat low sugar. and maybe another protein shake

Some weeks a little more, some a little less.
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

exohexoh
on 3/5/12 1:23 pm - West Chester, PA
 i need to add my last little treat into my fitness pal so i'll just give you today (i eat similar things every day)

B - 1 c. creamy tomato soup with 1/4 c shredded cheddar cheese
L - medium tortilla with 1/4 c cheddar cheese, 1/4 c mozzarella cheese, 1 oz chicken breast, and just enough sour cream for dipping.
D - approx. 2 oz chicken breast and 1/4 c mozzarella in a chicken and white wine broth. (weird soup i invented and love lol
S - cheesecake protein pudding with a little whipped cream

i'm at approx. 1,124 calories and 73 g protein. i may have 1/2 glass of 1% milk before i go to bed to get the taste of this pudding out of my mouth and to put me right around my goal of 1200 calories.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Most Active
Recent Topics