I want some juice

DannyBoyDVG
on 3/7/12 2:55 am - AR
 What kind or juice can we drink? I have looked at like every juice in Walmart and there full of sugar and carbs. Is there any hope for juice?

Natali1983
on 3/7/12 2:58 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
when my nutritionist put me on full liquids she said i could drink V8 SPLASH DIET
Natali

Coach2012
on 3/7/12 3:08 am
Diet V8 Splash..only 10 calories and tastes tropical and fruity! Also Healthy Balance Apple Juice by Old Orchard..has 6 grams of sugar and 31 calories. Also any of the flavored Crystal Lite packets taste pretty juice-like to me..not as substantial as real juice though I am afraid. I also really like Skinny Water in the Raspberry Pomegranate flavor..it tastes like juice even though it's water with no calories and no sugar!
Brittany M.
on 3/7/12 3:09 am
Juice is mostly sugar.  If you really need to have some, try diluting it with water, or look for some of the diet juices - I've seen diet ocean spray cranberry stuff and Trop50 orange juice and stuff like that. 

I try not to drink my calories, though, so I stick to water.  I do not like the taste of all the artificially sweetened stuff.
seattledeb
on 3/7/12 3:11 am
 I drank a lot of juice pre-op. You can really add up some calories fast.
What my NUT recommended was eat the fruit. If you want OJ..eat an orange.
For some reason that worked for me.

Carol S.
on 3/7/12 4:52 am - Milwaukee, WI
 I'd rather eat my calories.  I can occasionally have some juice these days but I prefer to eat the fruit.  Buy one of the most expensive apples and savor that thing.  You may miss the juice the first few times but it will grow on you.
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Dan OBrien
on 3/7/12 4:56 am - FL

I was the same way...I craved it early on.  I drank the Ocean Spray sugar free for a while but got sick of it fairly fast.  Now it's just Crystal Light, Mio, and tea. 

I was really suprised at how my tastes and cravings changed.  I was a heavy soda drinker, now I don't even really like it (have stolen a sip from my kids!)

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

Cookietea
on 3/7/12 5:45 am
I just could not drink only water.  I found a trop50 in juice cooler that is pomegranite blueberry that I like, they also doorange, raspberry lemonaid and I think apple juice.  I pour it over ice and do half juice half sparkling water and like it that way.  I don't do artifical sweeteners so this satisfied my cravings without having to go overboard on the sugar.  I get mine at Walmart.
Cindyagogo
on 3/7/12 8:22 am
RNY on 02/21/12
Ocean Spray has some tasty fruit drinks. You need to get the ones labeled DIET. The no sugar added ones are still high sugar and calories.
fresmaestra
on 3/8/12 4:53 am
My doc says dilute it with water 1/2 and 1/2
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 297 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views