Help please, gallbladder pain...pregnant

Jennifer M.
on 3/7/12 5:13 am - NC
I've been having pain in my upper abdomen for a couple weeks now, and finally went to the emergency room today.  They say it's my gallbladder, but I'm 10 weeks pregnant and they want to try and wait to have it removed.  30 minutes ago I ate a very small, low fat meal of turkey, carrots, and a couple crackers, and I'm hurting so much right now.  Crying.  Please, is there anything I can do?  They did me a prescription for a pain killer, but it is not ready yet and I'm hurting now.  I took tylenol.
Loving my new life!  I'm ever so grateful...
Visit my weight loss blog at http://homeschoolblogger.com/gettingitgone/.
Includes 76lbs weight loss before surgery.

Jenspunky
on 3/7/12 5:15 am
RNY on 01/16/12

I have no advice, but wanted to say I'm sorry you're in so much pain and I hope you feel better, soon.

~Jenna 
RNY 1/16/12

manda2108
on 3/7/12 5:22 am
 I'm sorry your having pain..I would follow back up with the ER staff and let them know your pain is worse and see what advice they can give you. 

Jennifer M.
on 3/7/12 5:36 am - MN
RNY on 02/17/12
Go to the emergency room.  There is no prescription pain killer on earth that will ease that pain.  You need an injection.  I would also start interviewing surgeons.  You need to have that sucker out with minimal risk to your baby.

Skinnygirlme
on 3/7/12 5:59 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
I'm sorry you're in pain. I know you must be really worried about everything affecting your baby as well. I also wanted to tell you how impressed I am with all that you've accomplished! So inspiring! Congratulations on that, and also on your pregnancy! I hope you will be able to figure this out soon, with minimal pain. Good luck!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
hedrider
on 3/7/12 6:15 am, edited 3/6/12 6:15 pm - Midlothian, TX
If you are having pain with every meal, go find a surgeon. They can do it laparoscopically with no harm to the baby. Don't wait until you have a stone obstruction and have to go in emergently.

Just my opinion. I was one of those emergency ones.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 3/7/12 6:32 am
RNY on 01/10/12
 Call your OB.  Maybe they'll be able to recommend someone who can take it out for you.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

DisneyLover
on 3/7/12 7:32 am - WI
there is no drug that will take or cure a gallbladder attack.  you are going to have to have surgery.  I had my first attack when I was pregnant with my first.  I thought I was dying.  After he was born nothing.  Then when I was pregnant with my second 3 years later pain back.  I had it removed when he was 6 weeks old.
I would ask your OB for a surgeon referal.  As the hormones in your body increase your odds of having an attack increase.  You might have to go to bland, bland food.

Good luck.

Sarah

Kermit P.
on 3/7/12 9:12 am
Jennifer I am so sorry you are having difficulties. My sister-in-law had gall bladder issues during her pregnancy...I will ask what she took as she was able to avoid surgery while pregnant. Will send you a message if I can get ahold of her. Hang in there!!
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Jennifer M.
on 3/8/12 1:24 am - NC
Thanks so much, everyone. I am trying to get the appt with my surgeon, but I need a referral from my primary care dr first for insurance purposes. No luck with that yet. In the meantime, I am eating one super soft/liguid, lowfat food every 2 hours to see what I can tolerate and try to get some nutrtion in. So far I've had luck with homemade, no sugar added applesauce, nectar protein, activia yogurt, and I'm trying chicken broth now.
Loving my new life!  I'm ever so grateful...
Visit my weight loss blog at http://homeschoolblogger.com/gettingitgone/.
Includes 76lbs weight loss before surgery.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 136 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 109 views
Recent Topics