When does the weight really start to come off?

Popclub
on 3/13/12 2:29 am - MD
Revision on 02/28/12
 Ok, so I am trying not to be impatient but....today marks two weeks post op. I don't think I have lost ten pounds even. 

When does the weight really start coming off?

Beejay

April A.
on 3/13/12 2:33 am - SC
Unfortunately everyone is different. Some people loose it quickly with just a few stalls. Me on the other hand, I stall for a few weeks then lose a lot in one or two weeks. Some people just steadily, but slowly lose it. I know this may not be the answer that you want to hear, but it's truthful. There are times that I get bummed because I see that someone who has had WLS surpasses my weight loss, but had the surgery after me. But, I just think...Hey...I've lost almost 70 lbs so far and I'm still losing and I'm so thankful for that! The impatient feeling is normal. We are here for you! :) Good luck!
poet_kelly
on 3/13/12 2:33 am - OH
I imagine it's already started to come off.  You've lost something by now, right? 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Popclub
on 3/13/12 2:46 am - MD
Revision on 02/28/12
 Yes, I just look at some of the stats on here and some ppl seem to lose very quickly. I am at about nine pounds in the two weeks.  But I thin I still have some swelling to lose as well.  I guess I better get some patience huh? 
I was scared that maybe it won't work for me....I guess that comes from all the other things I've tried that failed.

californiabear
on 3/13/12 2:42 am - TX
Ummm... thinking.... maybe not a good thing so close to post-op. Maybe you can try to focus not on the scale but on the other things you have changed and will change in your life. I'm less than 3-weeks post-op and although I've lost 21 since surgery I still want to hit the scales twice a day to validate my feelings. I try for twice a week but I'd like to get on the scales just once a week. The answer is not  -- and as all of us should know -- in the number on the scale... it has to be in the satisfaction that you are on your way and this road will result in weight loss.
hedrider
on 3/13/12 2:48 am - Midlothian, TX
You were pumped full of fluid during surgery - so you probably weighed more.

At two weeks I was stalled, but follow your rules.  It keeps coming off.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Kim S.
on 3/13/12 3:35 am - Helena, AL
By week four, you should be down 100 lbs.  

Just wanted to make you laugh!!  Seriously, don't compare yourself to anyone-do what you are told...walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip........the process will work.

We all thought it wouldn't work for us because nothing else did.  This does.  I am proof as I sit and type this in my size 6 white jeans that I bought 2 years ago!

Enjoy your journey!

Popclub
on 3/13/12 3:55 am - MD
Revision on 02/28/12
 Lol! 
Diminishing Dawn
on 3/13/12 4:56 am - Windsor, Canada
 It comes off in bits and pieces over time.   Remember even a 2 lb loss per week equals over 100 lbs in a year. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Jane N.
on 3/13/12 5:35 am - Round Rock, TX
I made the mistake of believing the stories that you shouldn't buy to many clothes because they wouldn't fit for more than a month and that the weight would just melt off.  That may be true for some, but the weight loss is extremely individual.  I had a big jump right in the first month and then slowly trickled the rest off (still in progress now) over the year.  Nothing spectacular but it all added up.  I was down 75 in six months and 100 by a year out.  I'm down another 25 since then and hoping to work the rest of it off by my 2 year surgiversary. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views