I dont think I've ever introduced myself on this board...

Alicia F.
on 3/13/12 1:08 pm, edited 3/13/12 1:15 pm
RNY on 04/16/12
Hi y'all!!!
Pre-opp'r here/silent lurker I guess.... 

I can finally say the light is at the end of my tunnel....  yay!

tomorrow i go for my one-on-one appt with my Nut Jackie...  I've been in the weight management courses for the last 6months as required by my ins company.  I've done that and then the appt tomorrow... and my last thing i have to do is my PCP approval letter which I'll get on the 22nd. After that, surgery will be scheduled and I'll get to join the losers bench!  :)

I super duper excited! 

I'm 30 yrs old and have 3 kiddos....  need to stick around for them.  I've got severe sleep apnea, elevated cholesterol, nerve damage in my back from a head on collision in 2002, severe back pain, and knees are starting to feel the weight I'm carrying. I've done yo-yo diets out the arse.  I'm prior USNavy and have been across the pond and around the world.  I've got a medical history out the yin-yang and its time to correct it.

My dad has been my inspiration.  He had his RnY December 09.  Went from 450 down to 180.  He's had great success.  later this month he is getting his hernia repaired.  then once he's healed from that, he's getting his 360 body lift done.  When he had his done, no one told me he had it done.  So when my parents visited me in August 2010, I was completely shocked!  I could wrap my arms around him.  He took my son kyaking in the Outer Banks.  Something he would have never been able to do as a SMO man. I am so proud of him.  He plans on coming out this way later this year and my goal is to go with him and my son kyaking again.  

My brother is getting married in July and I'm anxious about the dress shopping. 

The only thing at this moment that kinda throws me is the cooking afterward once I'm out of the soft food stage, etc.  Where is a good place to get recipes and ideas for my meals?  I am open to advice... 

well, hope this didn't bore ya too bad... LOL 

see y'all around! 

Marilyn101
on 3/13/12 1:15 pm - FL
Hello Alicia, and welcome so glad your almost there, good luck with your new journey and keep us posted. Fell free add me if you like.
Ladytazz
on 3/13/12 1:25 pm
Congratulations on your upcoming surgery.
Two of the best places on the web to get bariatric friendly recipes.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/   http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

MONICASNEWLIFE
on 3/13/12 1:30 pm
great recepies  you can find at  www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

and www.bariatricfoodie.com   this is a great journey and i wish you well and sucess..congratulations on the star of your new more heathy and exciting life!!!
monica
"Caterpillar in my cocoon, I'm gonna be a butterfly soon.
  I'm a little butterfly, I can soar through the sky. So glad I ended up like this, Thanks to metamorphosis".

hw 286 pre op 276 sw 263 cw 214  13lbs lost pre-op slowly but surely!!    
Kaoz789
on 3/13/12 1:44 pm
 Welcome! 

Tamie
Hattie T.
on 3/13/12 3:07 pm - Denver, CO
Welcome!

Hattie
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
Skinnygirlme
on 3/13/12 3:34 pm - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 Welcome! I'm pre-op too! I'm hoping to have my RNY in August! I just had my 2nd of 6 appts. Gor Dr. Supervised. Good luck to you! 
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
Lena72
on 3/13/12 3:48 pm - Greenville, NC
RNY on 03/21/12

Welcome Alicia

I'm also pre-op, my surgery is March 21. I'm nervous yet very excited. Congrats on your progress and I wish you the best of luck.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 182 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 182 views