6 DAYS AWAY AND GETTING SO NERVOUS.....

Kalyssa
on 3/13/12 11:00 am - MD
RNY on 03/20/12
I am six days away from the start of my new life, but very scared at the same time.....

kellyp3039
on 3/13/12 11:07 am
RNY on 03/05/12
 I got really nervous a few days before as well.  You will do great.  I am about 7 days post op and am feeling better and so glad I had it done and can now work on this chapter of my life.  
Good luck.

Melissa G.
on 3/13/12 11:44 am - Littleton, CO
RNY on 02/27/12
I am 2 weeks post op, and I was having my lap band removed and having bypass, and let me tell you I was a nervous wreck, thank goodness I only had 4 days from my approval to my surgery.  Who knows what I would have been like.  Please, let us know if you have any questions, or if there is something specific you are nervous about.  It is so worth it.  I am so excited about starting my new life.  And you will be there in a few weeks too!  Melissa

Kalyssa
on 3/13/12 11:49 am - MD
RNY on 03/20/12
 I am just nervous about the whole ordeal. The last time I had suregery I was 12 and that was for my tonsils.  I am nervous that when I come home I wount be taking the vitamins and eating right.  Just so much.  I am really nervous about complications.  My mom just had her gall bladder taken out and had real bad complications so I think that contibutes a lot to it.  

This site has been a great help.   I really appreciate everyone!

blackchristianswan
on 3/14/12 9:39 pm - MD
RNY on 03/19/12
Melissa,

Good Morning. It sounds like things are going well for you. congratulations and keep up the good work.  I'm on my way also.

Country_Girl_Annie
on 3/13/12 11:55 am
RNY on 01/30/12
You will do great! If your surgeon gave you a written packet of instructions, read and re-read them. It's a lot to remember so I made myself a chart that I used for the first couple weeks to make sure I got all my water, vitamins, meds, and protein. I just checked each thing off the chart as I did it.

I'm 6 weeks out now. Early on I had the common buyer's remorse feelings of "Oh Lord, what have I done?" But now my only regret is waiting so long to have the surgery. I should have done it years ago!
HW 270  /  SW 256  / CW 212

Melissa G.
on 3/13/12 12:13 pm - Littleton, CO
RNY on 02/27/12
I am sure your Mom's surgery has added to your nervousness.  Don't let it get to over whelming.  You will do fine at the beginning the most important thing is to sip sip sip your water, then get your protein drinks in so you have your protein for the day.  I was so scared, but really it has been easier than I thought it would be.  Do you trust your surgeon?  That is what is most important. 

Kelly L.
on 3/13/12 1:10 pm - San Jacinto, CA
Aww don't be scared! If you trust your surgeon then you know you will be in good hands. Just be sure that you keep in mind that you may not feel great for a while. MOST people don't have issues. Maybe your Mom's problems had something to do with her being a little bit older than you? I will tell you tho... while I was in the waiting room before my surgery I was sooooo frustrated (waiting and waiting and waiting for my turn) I almost walked out lol! I'm glad I waited  

HW 274. CW 129

1Haute Diva
on 3/13/12 1:24 pm - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
 As I sit here typing as my stomach growls (darn liquid diet), I can say I'm right with you.  I'm excited and scared at the same time.  But in the end I know that I'm so ready to be on the other side of this journey! 
- Shaw

Kalyssa
on 3/15/12 12:20 pm - MD
RNY on 03/20/12
 Hey-  I know I am ready for this new journey too.  They had to put me on Xanax just o calm me down.  Today was a good day for thou--getting ready to leave my job on Monday  .  I am going to miss my co workers.  They are being so supportive.  I wish the 3 friends that told me if I have were.  I guess they were never friends in the first place.
Most Active
Recent Topics