7 Days Post op

Kalyssa
on 3/27/12 12:34 pm - MD
RNY on 03/20/12
Ok, so had an appt today with Endocrinologidt.  Got a little dis appointed because he put me back on all Diabetes meds, but he told me in 3 months I might be off all them .  So looking forward to that!

Well I am down 10 lbs.  YEAH!!!!!

I am having trouble with protein shakes, so tomorrow I am going to try something a different one, cuz the chocolate is so chalky.

Anyway a little a happy!

Kalyssa

1Haute Diva
on 3/27/12 12:47 pm - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
Awesome weight loss!!! Sorry about the meds but 3 months isn't too long.

As far as the shakes go, I'm not having a problem with them but I'm just bored with them. So what I do now is mix a crystal light in them or add some sugar free syrup to them. Just jazz them up a bit. Good luck finding some you find more tolerable.
- Shaw

AlohaJen
on 3/27/12 9:13 pm
RNY on 09/05/12
Congrats to you both! I love all the ideas you keep giving... I didnt know there was a sugar free syrup... good to know !

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

sweet-tart2012
on 3/27/12 11:41 pm - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
  My doctor took me off my diabetes medication as long as I check my glucose daily.  I do still have my blood pressure though, although it is cut in half.  (My blood pressure was very high.)  I will get off of it eventually.  Anyhoo, don't be too disappointed.  As long as you follow your doctor's plan and lose weight that's all good.      Best wishes

Heidi T.
on 3/28/12 12:00 am
RNY on 01/31/12
 I have had issues with the chalkyness as well, I have found that if you get the premixed drinks that it will be gone not sure why, I would try premix for now.

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
kellyp3039
on 3/28/12 1:12 am
RNY on 03/05/12
 I was dissappointed by not being immediately taken off my diabetes meds as well.  So many people have had awesome results.  
My doctor told me not to get upset and that in time I will be surprised and should be able to be off of them as well.  
We just have to be patient.

I am now mixing my protein shakes with Silk Almond Milk Unsweetened.  It doesnt' have any sugar.
I just add about 6 oz of the Almond milk to one scoop of my chocolate protein.  It tastes pretty good.  I was getting most of my sugar from milk so I am so glad I found this.

blackchristianswan
on 3/28/12 8:23 am - MD
RNY on 03/19/12
Congratulations girl! I'm proud of you. I'm glad to know you are doing better. I hope the walking is getting better.  In time the medication will go away. 

Keep up the good work.

Shamicka
--Shamicka

Most Active
Recent Topics