Constipation.

Lady_Samantha
on 3/28/12 1:10 am - Wellfleet, MA
 OMG so I have really bad gas pain and back pain. I can't seem to have a bowel moment no matter how long I sit and wait. The pain isn't constant but I hurts when it is there. I'm also burping. I could not sleep all night and when I woke the pain was gone and now it's back. What do I take to have a bowel moment? HELP!

kellyp3039
on 3/28/12 1:23 am
RNY on 03/05/12
 You need to take some type of stool softener.  I crushed up Senna lax and took that for about a week post op.  

Lady_Samantha
on 3/28/12 1:27 am - Wellfleet, MA
 My surgeon had me drink this nasty drink before surgery and it's supposed to clean you do you think it would be okay it drank that? I can't remember the name of it.

poet_kelly
on 3/28/12 1:30 am - OH
A Dulcolax suppository.  You'll go in less than one hour.

Then daily Miralax to prevent future problems.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lady_Samantha
on 3/28/12 1:32 am - Wellfleet, MA
 Thanks, Kelly.

Debbie A.
on 3/28/12 2:21 am - Aurora, OH
I had the same about a week ago, terrible!!!!! I am now taking a stool softener morning and night and I drink Miralax with milk everyday, don't ever want to go through that again!

BoomerSooner1
on 3/28/12 2:46 am
 I had serious issues until I started taking Miralax daily. I mix it with Crystal Light each morning and can't tell the difference. You can bet generic brands at Costco and Target if you don't want to spend so much $$. Either way it is worth it.
 Don't ask me how we lost to Baylor.  I can't figure it Out either!            
moe143m
on 3/28/12 4:04 am - IL
RNY on 01/10/12
Miralax RULES!!! It's the best. Your home should never be without it. Rest assured Miralax keeps you movin' smooth. Relax take some Miralax
nkara
on 3/28/12 4:40 am
 Ah yes.. I know the feeling.  I just posted what works for me so far.  I take 3 colace pills in the morning every day and so far I am having a much easier time going.   Not everyday but I don't feel so bloated and uncomfortable anymore.    It's horrible what we go through after surgery ... all because our guts were re-arranged.  
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/12 5:13 am
I use colace tablets but what really works for me is an organic tea called Smooth Move. It keeps me regular and tastes awesome. I got it at Walgreens.
Most Active
Recent Topics