Temptations PLEASE HELP

Toyiasomotivated
on 4/1/12 10:59 am - OH
Ok so ive been on a diet for a week now..ive been working out like crazy 2 hours a day 7 days a week. I want to lose a little bit of weight before my surgery which is april 17th. My dad brought home ALOT of junk food and ive been avoiding it all day but its so hard because junk food was my issue in the beginning...i drank a protein shake for a snack to stop the craving but its really hard..im not going to give in because i have been doing so good. Advice please.
On2BetterThings
on 4/1/12 11:17 am - Germantown, WI
RNY on 04/03/12
tell me about it! i have DYING for SOMETHING to eat ALL DAY! because my surgery is on the third... oh how its killing me. but self control! its all for the BETTER! :)

this liquid diet.. just makes me want food even more lol terrible but luckily i havent ate anything! i had a frappucino from starbucks (probably a mistake) but my aunt said i shud be ok.. :) good luck!
SugarGrl
on 4/1/12 11:26 am
Please keep your eyes in the prize!!! I can tell you it is sooooo worth it!!! Stay strong my friends!!

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Zeigled
on 4/1/12 11:36 am - Parkton, MD
Toss the junk food - kinda mean for Dad to bring home stuff you can't have before surgery.  After you have the surgery you won't really be able or frankly WANT to eat those snacks for a while.
HW 357 SW 341   

Toyiasomotivated
on 4/1/12 11:40 am - OH
Thanks guys!!
takqia1
on 4/1/12 11:44 am
This is my first sf Easter and as a mother of 4 and grandmother to 5 it's hard not buying everyone chocolate Easter Bunnies.
I just want to start a healthier tradition from this Easter Bunny so I bought them flower pots and seeds to grow herbs.
I bought the little kids balls and they all got out fits because I adore Easter.Thursday we are dying eggs and having dinner because Gma has to work this Easter and she isn't happy about it.
So my moral to the story before I rattled on ask your Daddy to buy you something other than junk food. Donate it to someone or toss it out. I recently tossed out a cherry cheese cake the neighbor brought over because I couldn't keep it in the house. I have a mission!
christinalee
on 4/1/12 11:44 am - At Home in, NH
okay so visualize the wonderment of all that junk food, imagine how it will taste, the smell, the desire...let it fill you up.

NOW, imagine the same food, this time with spit, saliva, fecal matter, boogers, and allother things pure grossness smeared all over it, the stench, the odor, the pure yuckiness. Visualize that, meditate on that...I bet your cravings/temptations will be greatly reduced. Well, they would be for me...

Hang tough! You are doing GREAT!

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Toyiasomotivated
on 4/1/12 11:48 am - OH
Thanks what kinds things should i have him buy me instead of the junk?
littleskie
on 4/1/12 12:31 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
If my family eats snack foods I will usually eat pork rinds. Not the healthiest but better than cookies.

I eat low carb so if they make/buy cookies I will pull my carbquick and coconut flour out of the freezer and either make myself some low carb cookies or else a 3 minute mug cake.

Prior to surgery popcorn and tortillia chips with cheese and rotel were my downfall. I do still have then occasionally but way less. Instead of eating a whole bag by myself I eat a bit till i'm satisfied then give my son the rest.

My son seldom ever buys treats anymore because he always gets to eat my leftovers...lol. By doing this tho he is eating low carb and doesnt realize it.

I will every once in a while make some flax crackers and eat them with some cheese or bean dip.

I'd be in trouble without flax meal, carb quick, and coconut flour. I also use ethrytol and splenda as well as liquid stevia for sweeteners. I use a lot of substitutions but that way I can eat almost anything that my family eats, just get to eat homemade versions. So I know whats going into my food and it doesn't have lots of preservatives.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Hattie T.
on 4/1/12 12:57 pm - Denver, CO
Pork rinds are actually pretty healthful: Low calories, protein equal to a half cup of pinto beans, no sugar, and not as much sodium as one might think.  Also, Jolly as a popcorn (94% reduction in fat) and the entire bag is only 100 calories.  But when you want something cold try sugar free popsicles and jello. 

Good luck.  Stay strong,

Hattie
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 313 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 229 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views