4 months post op.

Jess6580
on 4/3/12 6:54 am - Sioux Falls, SD
So I am now 4 months post op as of yesterday.  I have no regrets at all, I am very happy with how far I have come in these short months.  I've lost 97lbs.  3 more to go for that century mark.  I am weighing in at 247 these days.  The only thing that really bothers me is my skin.  It's becoming very obvious that I'm going to have alot of skin in my upper legs an middle section, so that is probably the hardest thing for me to overcome currently.  When I look in a mirror, I only see the skin and I am trying to get out of that mindset.  I am thrilled that I have lost almost 100lbs, so I'm trying to stay positive, it's just a mental thing at this point.  Anyone have any suggestions to get over these "mental blocks"??
  HW: 345  SW:329   CW: 226   *16lbs lost pre-op  103 post op so far!*          
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/12 7:50 am - waukesha, WI
Congrats!  Unfortunately, the skin is a hard one............I feel your pain!
Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/3/12 9:05 am
I try to focus on all the things I can do that I couldn't do 95 pounds ago. Running up the stairs, bending over to put on my shoes without my face exploding, walking for miles without chest pain, and hooking my bra without shoulder pain, to name a few.

I understand what you're saying, and I'm not trying to make light of it. My excess skin doesn't thrill me either, but to me it's so much better than all the health issues I had before surgery.
Jess6580
on 4/3/12 10:46 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks guys, all good points.  I walk at 4 miles 6 days a week, I can now run a half a mile at a time, and i'm wearing a size 16/18 instead of a 28.  I no longer get huffy going up the stairs, I can wipe my bottom without pulling off a circus act and like you, my face doesn't explode when I tie my shoes, and I can shop at normal stores now.  :)

I will try to focus on the good things!
  HW: 345  SW:329   CW: 226   *16lbs lost pre-op  103 post op so far!*          
Marilyn101
on 4/5/12 11:09 pm - FL
Congratulations!!!!!  
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/12 11:16 pm
 Congratulations Jess that is so awesome. I was so excited last week when I weight 195.6. I can't remember when the last time was that my weight started with a 1. 

I have the skin issues too as I am sure so many other do. I'm so excited that you are able to walk so much. That is one thing that my back / leg pain will not allow. My husband is putting a pool in withine the next couple of weeks, (after he gets the garden finished planting). So I am hoping getting to workout in the water will help tone up some of the skin issues. 

I'm so proud of you!  
dkasten
on 4/7/12 11:10 am - SD
congratulations on the 97 lbs Jessica! that is awesome! I'm just in awe of your success!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 264 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 171 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 259 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 136 views
Recent Topics