H2O retention

Natali1983
on 4/3/12 11:06 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
OK SO I JUST TOOK A SHOWER AND NOTICED THAT MY LEFT ANKLE IS HUGE...WTF IS THAT?..HOW AM I RETAINING WATER?

B-COTTAGE CHEESE
S- STRING CHEESE
L- TUNA ON 2 MELBA TOASTS
D- LACTAID MILK W PB N 1 VERY RIPE BANANA BUT THREW IT OUT CUZ TOO SWEET

CAN ANYONE HELP ME ON WHERE I WENT WRONG?..IS THIS TOO MUCH DAIRY?
Natali

poet_kelly
on 4/3/12 11:25 am - OH
Usually salt causes water retention.  String cheese is usually pretty salty and maybe the melba toast but I wouldn't think that would add up to enough salt to cause huge ankles.  And it's just one ankle?

Your ankle doesn't hurt or anything, does it?  It's not possible you injured it somehow?

I think what I would do is put your feet up for the rest of the evening and really push the fluids.  It sounds kinda backwards but drinking a lot actually helps with water retention.  Fluid pushes fluid.  And make sure you're not eating anything salty the rest of the evening.

If it's still huge in the morning, you might wanna call your doc.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Natali1983
on 4/3/12 11:28 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
THANKS KELLY..WELL IM DONE W FOOD FOR THE DAY IM ACTUALLY HITTING THE SAC..I FORGOT TO MENTION I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL ALL WEEKEND DUE TO A 103 FEVER..I WAS BEING PUMPED W FLUIDS..CAN THAT BE IT TOO?
Natali

poet_kelly
on 4/3/12 11:32 am - OH
Yeah, it could.  They use different kinds of IVs but often they are saline - water with salt in it.  It's just weird that it's only one ankle.

If you have a blood pressure monitor, you might wanna check your BP.  But otherwise, I think I'd just call the doc in the morning if it still seems really huge.  My guess would be that it's nothing to worry about too much, but it never hurts to give the doc a call and run it by him/her just to make sure.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Natali1983
on 4/3/12 11:36 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
IVE NEVER HAD BP ISSUES BUT ILL CALL IF IT STAYS THE SAME..ITS ACTUALLY BOTH BUT ONE IS FATTER THAN THE OTHER
Natali

Mandy R.
on 4/3/12 5:26 pm - Callahan, FL
Is it just your left ankle, one leg being more swollen than the other can be a sign of blood clot.  Get it checked out.
Mandy

HW-298  SW-251 Loss/Month post RNY(1)-23.5,(2)-23.3,(3)-9.9,(4)-10.6,(5)-8.9,(6)-7.7,(7)-4.2,(8)-7.5,(9)-1.7,(10)-10.8*first goal reached*,(11)-6,(12)-1.3,(13)-0.3,(14)+2.9-*changed scales that weigh 2lbs heavier*,(15)-0.3(16)-4.7(17),+5.8(18)-1.5,(19)+4.4,(20)-+4,(21)-1.2,(22)+3.5,(23)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 148 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics