NEED ADVISE AND HELP

Kalyssa
on 4/3/12 8:48 am - MD
RNY on 03/20/12
 Today I am 14 days post-op.  Last night I was rushed to the hospital and they told me that I have Pancreatitsis.  Yeah just something else to add to what I am going through.  Well they have me on a no food, no liquid diet until I see  my surgeon tomorrow.  Today I have been really sleepy and can't stay awake.  I feel like my body is shutting down and I really dont like this feeling.  So I call the doctor and he tells me to start drinking but not to eat anything until after he sees me,  Ok so I start drinking water and its not making it any better I am still really sleepy and feel like I am about to past out. My head hurts and is spinning.  I am thinking I need to go back to the hospital, but I really just want to wait it out until tomorrow.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Another thing is I am having trouble getting protein in.  My stomach cant take the shakes, so I ordered unjury.  I am hoping a lot of this has to do with it and thaat once I get the protein in I will be feeling better.  

Has anyone arms felt like they were so heavy they couldn't move them?  Thats where I am at.

Thanks in advance!
blackchristianswan
on 4/3/12 9:05 am - MD
RNY on 03/19/12
girl, please go back to the hospital if you need to. I wouldn't wait if you are not sure.
--Shamicka

nfarris79
on 4/3/12 9:21 am - Germantown, MD
 Those symptoms sound alarming.... place a call to your dr again b/c it sounds like you're having some major low blood sugar issues....possibly. Water probably isn't gonna cut it, so see if he'll let you have some juice?

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

redrider
on 4/3/12 9:22 am
I'd be very concerned if I had those symptoms. The heaviness in the arms conjures up thoughts of possible heart issues. I'm not a medical professional so I can only say what I would do if it were me. That said, I would already be sitting in front of my doctor, or his on call delegate.
>>>RedRider                     
Jennifer M.
on 4/3/12 10:35 am - MN
RNY on 02/17/12
 You need to get to the hospital.  You need IV fluids.  Your heavy arms are a sign of heart attack, which is a possible complication of pancreititis. 

I'm not a doctor, but knowing what I've just read, I think I'd want you to call 911 right away (or have someone drive you if that would be quicker).

mpjones
on 4/3/12 10:37 am
I sincerely hope by now you are in the hospital. Do NOT fool around with the symptoms you are talking about--if you haven't already gone ___GO !
Most Active
Recent Topics