Started walking

Leisa L.
on 4/8/12 12:18 am - long beach, CA
RNY on 03/19/12 with
 I just "officially" started walking this morning. It was early and no one was up yet around our complex (I have anxiety issues when there are a lot of peopel around). I decided to get the mail (Big acomplishment) and when I got there, I decided to take a walk around the complex. Not just the small half circle just to the mail box and back, but Around inside the complex.  I stopped into the complex weight room and hopped on the tred mill for about 5-7 min. and then decided to keep on walking outside. I went in a long figure 8 instead of just around the complex. I felt good as i was walking and when i got home was excited that i had done so.  i think that walking this early will be good for me, i am up anyway and can wait till its light out and then walk. It was nice and had a briskness in the air. I just feel proud, I havent walked at all since surgery (3wks out) and was feeling stressed about it. I knew i needed to do it, but just couldn't force myself to go out in the later day time.  I think I found "My time"!!
I know i sound kind of weird about being proud of such a small acomplishment, but for me it was a big deal.
Just had to throw this out there.
1. for accountability sake and
2. for a few pats on the back (is that bad of me to want that?) I hope not.
Now to start my day.  Oh i seem to have more energy to get things done and not just take a nap like i always do.

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/12 12:23 am - NY
 Good for you!  You should be proud, we all have to start somewhere.  Once I get into the habit of doing something, it gets soooo much easier.  Try to get out every morning for a while, then when a day comes and you don't-you'll miss it, so you will want to get right back to it.  Add a little distance every day.  Good Luck and keep up the good work--it will pay off!

On2BetterThings
on 4/8/12 12:24 am - Germantown, WI
RNY on 04/03/12
yay gooooooo you! i need to start walking too! as soon as my incisions heal up! :)
    RNY 04*03*12

cinchosis
on 4/8/12 12:51 am, edited 4/8/12 12:56 am - Lilburn, GA
RNY on 03/29/12
That is awesome!!! Good for you!!! I can't wait to get on my treadmill again because I can see what I am burning and so forth, but my brother said not yet. I just had my surgery on 03/29 and everyone in my family thinks it's too soon for me to be on a treadmill. They want me to wait until I see my doctor at my first post-op visit on 04/11. Anyway, like you, I have been going around the neighborhood for awhile. As of today, I am up to three laps around. Keep up the good work!!!

Happy Easter!!

Scaura
on 4/8/12 1:14 am - Fort Collins, CO
Way to go!!  Morning is a nice time to get exercise in and I am going to try and do that myself.  Seems also like a nice way to start the day.  I have never incorporated exercise into my health plan and am looking forward to starting.  I am going to take one of my dogs on a short walk today just to get out an enjoy a little sunshine.  Northern Colorado is so beautiful this time of year and I want to be out enjoying it.
MichelleNC
on 4/8/12 2:03 am
You are doing it right!!! My trainers said working out in the am burns more calories....not sure if it is true but I am going with it since I work out in the am HAHA! But they said at night it takes your body longer to warm up???? Anyway you found your time and guess what ACCOUNTABILITY post for us daily how far you walked we will keep supporting you every step of the way.

Keep on walking and before you know it you will one day say I think I am going to try to run....I betcha that will happen!!! Good Luck!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 497 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 479 views