Prenatal vitamins vs. regular multis

JasminaL5
on 4/11/12 8:09 am - Wurtsboro, NY
RNY on 03/12/12
 I searched the databases and didn't find an answer. I am not pregnant, I just heard that prenatals are better for you since the ingrediants/vitamins are 100% or more. I have purchased centrum and the pills are wayyyyy too big. I then purchased one a day petites, I need to take 4 of those. The prenatal vitamins look better to me bc of the great amount of vitamins that are in there. Anybody have any thoughts? 

artroxy blue
on 4/11/12 8:57 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I don't think they're necessarily better than the other multi's--they usually have extra folic acid and maybe extra vitamins and minerals. You'll have to compare the prenatals vs. the multi's to see what the difference is. 

I only took prenatals while I was pregnant so I don't know much about taking them when not pregnant. You might want to check with your surgeon to make sure you're getting enough from the prenatals. 
poet_kelly
on 4/11/12 10:07 am - OH
Any vitamin that has 100% of the RDA of stuff in it is fine.  Prenatals are not all the same.  Some are missing lots of stuff, some have 100% of everything.  You have to read the label.  Don't just go by the word "prenatal" or "complete" or "bariatric" but actually read the whole thing.

Any good vitamin with 100% of stuff in it is going to be fairly big.  You can only fit so much in a tiny little pill.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 281 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views