?????Liquids?????

pattan59801
on 4/11/12 4:38 am, edited 4/11/12 4:48 am - Missoula, MT
RNY on 04/04/12
Kinda worried....why can I drink as much as I want???? I can not eat all that much tho

jazzycatz
on 4/11/12 4:53 am - Joppa, MD
Your pouch is like a funnel.  Liquids just go right  on through.  Is that what you are asking? 

pattan59801
on 4/11/12 3:50 pm - Missoula, MT
RNY on 04/04/12
if that is true why am I not peeing more

jazzycatz
on 4/12/12 12:31 am - Joppa, MD

Ok, below is a diagram of your new insides.  See how the pouch is shaped?  And you don't have a pyloric valve anymore to stop things from just passing right through you stomach.  That's why dense proteins keep you full longer but liquids and "slider" foods (yogurt, cottage cheese, soups) will pass through quickly. 

So it's true. But why you aren't peeing more I can't say.  Are you getting your 64oz in a day yet?  I did pee a lot more in the beginning but once your body is fully hydrated you will slow down.  Sounds backwards but it's the way it goes.  You can Google that and it will confirm.

If you feel you are not peeing as much as you should you should talk to your surgeon's office or you PCP.  This surgery is hard on your liver and your kidneys because of all the toxins your body is working through right now. 

HTH. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 369 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 500 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 570 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 292 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?