Questions???? Advise???

AUDREY A.
on 4/11/12 6:54 am - McKinney, TX
Revision on 03/21/12

Today is 3 wks since I had surgery.  It has not been real easy ride for me espeically in the
beginning. Brief background I had a revision from the Band to Rny and was in the hospital
for 6 days, lost alot of blood, and had to have a transfusion of 5 pints and was 9 pounds
heavier a week after my surgery from the day of my procedure.
Having said all that, I have been doing fairly well the past 2 weeks and actually lost 20 pounds
(this is including the 9lb gain). Doing well with my eating, drinking,protein intake etc.
Now for the questions, since my surgery my Blood Pressure appears to be running a bit low
(prior to surgery I had HBP and was on meds) has this happened to anybody else??
Next question has anybody felt a bit light headed at times, no specific time of day, it kinda
comes and goes.
Last one (at least for now :) ) is it normal for your mind to feel a bit "fuzzy", sometimes it is
hard to concentrate.
My wonderful supportive husband keeps telling me it is going to take time to "get back to normal"
and having lost alot of blood after surgery not to worry too much about my recovery taking
longer than normal.  But I just thought I was ask you wonderful people out here if yall have
any thoughts about this.

Sincerely,

Audrey

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 4/11/12 7:03 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
That sound really scary!!! I also am band to bypass 1 week out , My BP is low and need to adjust the meds but I am laying around all day , I am still using pain meds also.
It is goung to take longer than usual for your recovery , what does your doc say?
I hope you feel better soon !!

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

NCwarriorchick
on 4/11/12 8:03 am
I had the same issue. Surgeon sent me to pcp and he took me off my blood pressure meds.

AUDREY A.
on 4/11/12 8:19 am - McKinney, TX
Revision on 03/21/12
I haven't taken any BP meds for the past 2 weeks.     Oh and to add to my initial issues, I ended up with a partial gastrectomy too due to the scar tissue from the band that was not positioned correctly.
poet_kelly
on 4/11/12 10:09 am - OH
You feel lightheaded because of the low blood pressure.  Are you getting enough fluids?  Also, have you had your iron checked?  Losing so much blood, you may need extra iron.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AUDREY A.
on 4/11/12 11:58 am - McKinney, TX
Revision on 03/21/12

Thanks Kelly, I think I will call my Dr's office tomorrow and have them run some blood tests.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 140 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics