Am I on track?

ete77
on 4/15/12 12:26 am - Pittsburgh, PA
 I had surgery Dec 20th 2011, and weighed 344 at the time if the surgery.  I dropped weight rapidly the first month and it seems like the next two months it was slower.   Today I weigh 268 and I'll be 5 months out on the 20th of April.   Should I be losing more/faster?

*Note- I follow the diet fairly well with protein first etc. I stay away from carbs mostly and I exercise4-5 days a week for 45 minutes.   However I do have one hang-up and that is I drink an ice tea several times a week that is not sugar free.  Have been doing this about a month because the sugar free kind made me sick to my stomach.  Any thoughts appriciated.

Ete 

Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.
Tony Robbins

takqia1
on 4/15/12 12:58 am
Well it sounds to me like you're doing just fine. There really isn't a sugar free drink you can find that you like? Is your tea decaf?
I'm always in search of new fluids I use to be a certified soda head glad to have kicked that habit.
I'm sure someone might have some ideas of new products for you I only drink herbal tea now so I'm probably no help.
Glad you are exercising just keep it up and get your fluids in.
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny will feel.         
Bettisima
on 4/15/12 1:05 am
I would say that 73 pounds in 5 months is great!

Now, regarding the tea. Do you track your foods? I am an all things in moderation kind of girl. So the occasional treat, be it sweet tea, or a cookie, or a piece of candy, is ok, as long as you own it. Meaning you track i****ch for signs that other stuff isn't creeping in. Be honest with yourself about how big that glass of tea is, and how much sugar is in it. And be willing to cut it out, if you start to see yourself battle with other sweets or simple carbs.
richarddavis196
on 4/15/12 1:27 am, edited 4/15/12 1:27 am - VA
This is normal. Fast at first and then taper off. Add in occasional stalls and you have a plan. Here is how my chart looks so far.

Good luck!

Kat Kat
on 4/15/12 2:02 am - AZ
From Dec 20 - April 20 is only 4 months. Your weight loss is fine.

I wouldn't start bad habits by drinking sugared drinks. What you do  now will instill habits that will sustain you through real challenges. I personally hated sugar free substitutes in my drinks, so for almost a year, I drank jus****er. Someone mentioned NuStevia (not to be confused with Truvia), and now I mix it with sugar free Kool-Aid, and finally have a nice flavored drink. It can be found at Whole Foods, and on-line. It's a little expensive compared to other sweeteners, but a little goes a LONG way.

Kat

wendydettmer
on 4/15/12 2:05 am - Rochester, NY
i had surgery on 12/22/11 and i'm down 77 pounds (67 since surgery)so i think you're right on track!

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 334 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 443 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 429 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 326 views