Relic_Goddess
on 4/18/12 6:09 am - Macon, GA
RNY on 03/13/12
 our topic of discussion today: Y U NO EAT MORE PROTEIN

I told him about how pretty much everything made me vomit

tomato soup
sugar free pudding
pureed meat

His solution: go to a mexican resteraunt and get some chicken broth and refried beans. So far so good. I'm eating them slowly and 1 1/2- 2  oz at a time. (he said for the moment it's important that I have BOTH the broth and the beans because it sounds like my pouch is getting stuck alot. it's on;y 1 oz of liquids though. Now, what to go about the gassy gas i'm getting. I have beano meltables, will that be enough?
InkdSpEdTchr
on 4/18/12 8:06 am

Y U  NO  CALL SURGEON?!?

It has been a month now right? Can you do anything more than liquids? If you can do other soups you can put protein powder in them. You can have protein shakes right? I'd be concerned if you can't eat anything, after 4 weeks I was cleared for regular food- but I know everyone's plan is different.

Best of Luck,

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

rbb825
on 4/18/12 8:13 pm - Suffern, NY
You need to either call your surgeon or see a local Gastroenterologist NOW - like last week.  You should at this point be eating solid foods, not only liquids.  You sound like you have a stricture.  You should also be checked for an ulcer or an irritation in your esophagus?  the reason I am asking this - first - are you on a PPI?  do you have any abdominal pain, burning or feeling of hunger - like hunger pains?

you say you cant keep down tomato soup or sugar free puddings - was it chocolate?  these both cause reflux,  - I had a terrible time with chocolate pudding for a long time and threw it up everytime I ate it.  Tomato soup - is very acid - I used to eat creamy tomato which lessened the acid - you can add either milk or  a non dairy creamer - you dont want anything high fat.  if you are having signs of reflux, and cant keep food down, it could be an ulcer, a stricture or both.  YOu need an endoscopy and you  need it quickly because you can get malnurished very quicly without any nurishment.  Strictures can cause alot of problems and once you have one, they get worse until you cant even get lquids in.  you can get dehydrated very quickly too.

Please call and make the appointment.  YOu also need to be taking a PPI - to prevent acid and an ulcer and reflux for 6 months to a year depending on your symptoms

Relic_Goddess
on 4/19/12 1:51 am - Macon, GA
RNY on 03/13/12
 Update: Went to GI, told me that everything is okay, the reason for my vomiting is not a stricture, (did an X-ray)  He asked me if i get nasea right off the bat or if something else happens, and I told him that I usually get this feeling like i can't burp/ air is stuck, and just terrible gas type pain..  Also, he said that while he understands that I have roommates and it's hard to make 2 seperate dishes, pureeing down the meat that I used for their food is not a good idea if it's spicy/has fats in it/ has copious amounts of seasoning. So, i was in the wrong with the acidic, and spicy things.  

I'm sorry I scared you guys, I didn't know I was doing anything wrong. Thanks for the advice. so all in all:

1) PPI and Beano EVERYDAY
2)Eat sllllooowwwwlllyyy
3) stick to what's on the paper/ billy don't be a hero
4)No pureed meats for now. greek yogurt with protein powder, blended beans, and soft dip type things. and NO super fancy pudding unless it's just plain sugar free.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 308 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 292 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views