Celebrate Vitamins Question

DaniHappy2Bhere
on 4/19/12 2:29 am, edited 4/19/12 2:30 am
 I'm wondering if there is a reason why Celebrate Vitamins aren't on the list of the ASMBS recommended supplement list.  Does anyone know? They are more affordable than Bariatric Advantage and I want to go with vitamins specifically designed for us.  This is the page I'm getting my info from.  http://asmbs.org/bariatric-products-services/ 
If anyone knows about this, please let me know.  

Thanks.  Dani
~Dani 

oxfordcat
on 4/19/12 3:45 am - NJ
I don't know.  Maybe they didn't pay the ASMBS to get on the list.  I take the shakes w/vitamins.  Love them. Wish there were more flavors.  

as for the website and people, very very helpful. 
"Something has changed within me. Something is not the same". Elphaba    
PMarie
on 4/19/12 3:46 am - Bloomington, MN
 I don't know why they aren't on the list, but I've been using Celebrate vitamins for nearly four years- and have had perfect lab results. 

DaniHappy2Bhere
on 4/19/12 4:10 am
 I think I'd like to go with them. Especially since others have had good results. I just want to be sure there isn't a specific reason that they are not on the list.
~Dani 

Eliza55
on 4/19/12 4:32 am - PA
I take Celebrate vitamins, and my labs (for vitamins) are great.  My D3 is great, and I do not take additional D3 beyond the Calcium citrate with D3, and their Multivitamin.

If you go to their website, you can get free samples. (And they taste better than Bariatric Advantage vitamins!)
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

poet_kelly
on 4/19/12 5:16 am - OH
I don't know.  But that page lists Baraitric Fusion, which do NOT meet the ASMBS guidelines.  Taken as directed, they only give you half what the ASMBS says you need of most things and they contain calcium carbonate which we can't absorb.  I'm guessing companies had to pay to get on that list or something.

Celebrate vitamins DO meet the ASMBS guidelines.  Just because something is on that list, that does not mean they are suitable for us.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

DaniHappy2Bhere
on 4/19/12 5:34 am
 Thank you all for your input.  I am going to order from them.  My surgery is on May 10th and I want to have everything that I can set up. My spouse won't let me pack for the hospital yet, lol.  
~Dani 

poet_kelly
on 4/19/12 5:43 am - OH
It also occurs to me that the people at Celebrate are super helpful.  You could email or call them and ask why they aren't on the list.  If they know, they'll tell you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PMarie
on 4/19/12 8:48 am - Bloomington, MN
 This made me curious, as to what the criteria are for being listed on ASMBS, so I wrote to them.  Here is their response;

"The Products and Services page you are referring to is a list of our Corporate Council Members and should have included our disclaimer:  "The ASMBS does not endorse any specific commercial product or service.  This website has links to private organizations.  The inclusion of external hyperlinks does not constitue endorsement or recommendation by ASMBS of the linked Web resources or the information, products, or services contained therein.  The ASMBS does not exercise any control over the content on these sites."

Neaucora
on 4/19/12 9:51 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
 I use the Celebrate multivitamin plus iron. Chewable in  BerryFrost. They are awesome. And they ship very fast and will even put you on auto ship if you want so you never run out.  I was taking the Centrum chewable and the taste was horrid for me. Finally got to the point I was gaging while chewing. lol They really press the fact we have to take vitamins for the rest of our lives after the surgery. I know they are expensive but so worth it, and the money I will save on food and doctor bills goes to the vitamins. I found a sublingual B, a sublingual B complex, Biotin, and Calcium at walmart. My multi is the only one I am taking from Celebrate.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 385 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 170 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics