Food Question

Kalyssa
on 4/20/12 9:08 am - MD
RNY on 03/20/12
 I am going to Ocean City for the week for Memorial Day.  I love seafood and I already know that I can eat crabs and fish, but what about other seafood.  Can we eat raw oysters, clams,  and shrimp.  Has anyone had any issues eating any of the items above.  I don't plan on eating like I use to, becasue I can't but I do want to eat seafood.

Thanks in advance!

poet_kelly
on 4/20/12 9:10 am - OH
Sure, you can eat those things.  No one here can say whether you will tolerate them well or not, since everyone is different in that regard.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kalyssa
on 4/20/12 9:12 am - MD
RNY on 03/20/12
 By that time I will be 8-9 weeks out, just hoping that seafood like that will be ok.  I am going to try and OH will be the first to know if it didn't work.  LOL

Thanks Kelly
mywlsjourney09
on 4/20/12 10:22 am - Milwaukee, WI
Honestly no one can say how you will tolerate them but I love seafood and haven't had any issues with them.  I wish you the best of luck and have fun!
Loving my new life and all the wonderful things that go with it, on to my next journey!  99 pounds down and about 10 more to go but it has been a heck of a ride...

THE_life10
on 4/20/12 10:56 am
RNY on 03/26/12

I'm 3 weeks post op and was told "if it swims, you may have it" lol.

with that said..So far I have tried various fish, lobster, and shrimp...it goes down way way easier than chicken, beef..etc

Enjoy!!

Height: 5'9 Hw: 285 Sw: 272  Cw: 167 Surg. goal: 165

1m: -20 2m: :-18 3m:-10

4m:-12 5m:8 6m:-4 7m:-3 8m-10:-28

IrishIze
on 4/20/12 12:02 pm - NJ
I've had good luck with shrimp and most fish, so I think you'll be OK.  BUT - be sure to take it very slow because at 8-9 weeks, people can have problems with denser foods.  I might try a little a day or two before you go so you can be sure if you tolerate.  If not, maybe some clam or seafood chowder and just don't eat the potatoes.  Have fun!
Irish......  

1Haute Diva
on 4/20/12 2:06 pm - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
I've tried baked fish, steamed shrimp, and steamed crab legs so far and they've all gone down well. If you haven't tried shrimp yet I would definitely try it at home first before going out in public and testing the waters . I miss Maryland .
- Shaw

Most Active
Recent Topics