My hairloss and weight...

Marissa A.
on 4/22/12 2:21 pm - CA
 This two things are killing me...I knew from day one that I'd experience a major hairloss with my bypass, however never thought it would be like this. i shed hair like a cat, i've lost more than half my hair and i can barely touch it because it just comes down when i do it. every hair comes with a white bulb, what's that? I'm also down 55 pounds since december when i had my surgery is it normal or am I going too slow?? Any response appreciated...
Scaura
on 4/22/12 2:24 pm - Fort Collins, CO
My hair is already thin and I am dreading more loss.  Right now I can see my scalp pretty easy and know so much more will be coming out.  Wish I could offer some advise, but I am only a couple of weeks out.

Laura
HW: 311  SW:264 (size 24)  CW: 174 (size 14)  Surgeon's Goal: 176 My GW: 149
Weight Loss Month 1: 20 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 2: 17 pounds!
Weight Loss Month 3: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 4: 10 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 5: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 6: 6 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 7: 6 pounds!   Weight Loss Month 8:

25 pound to my goal!

BugdocMom
on 4/22/12 2:41 pm - CA
The white bulb is the root of the hair. Hair loss is very normal in the first several months of WLS. I had lots of hair loss from about 6 weeks post op to 8 months. I got a cute, short bob and that helped it seem like less hair was falling out. I also invested in some volumizing shampoo, conditioner, and styling products which gave the appearance of thicker, fuller hair. Be sure to get in planty of protein to keep the hair loss as minimal as possible.

It sounds like you are losing weight at a really good rate!
jamiemariep
on 4/22/12 8:48 pm
My hair loss started at three months and is worse now...Im starting to worry, honestly because I lose *so* much every day. Hopefully it ends soon or Ill be bald!

Your loss so far is fantastic!

Tiara Classic 5k 5/13/12: 37:19
Marion Village 5k 6/23/12 32:55
Rochester Road Race 5k 8/11 29:58
Acushnet Road Race 4 mile 9/3 41:07
Spooky Spooner 5k 10/28 PR 28:05

Healthyforme
on 4/22/12 9:44 pm - WI
RNY on 01/18/12
In addition to making sure you are getting enough protein and taking Biotin for when it begins to grow again, people in my support group swear by Nioxin, I just ordered mine last night. I have been very lucky to have very thick n full hair but am losing a ton of it, Haven't really noticed it yet as far as looks go but with the amount in the shower daily it won't be long! UGH, hang in there!

Marissa A.
on 4/23/12 7:29 am - CA
 thanks for your reply! where did you order Nioxin?? I can't seem to find a place to buy it!!

vidsid
on 4/22/12 11:32 pm - OH
fwiw- From reading posts here, I expected some hair loss.  I just hit 6 months and haven't had it yet.  I'm not certain why, or if I'm in the minority but it seems that it doesn't happen to everyone.

HW:343  SW:318  CW:199

Sara O.
on 4/22/12 11:58 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
I'm with you. I'm 6 weeks out and I have not experienced this. Heck, I've actually had less loss. I have PCOS so hair loss is normal but mine has actually decreased. I no longer find hair in the shower drain like i used to. Its kinda nice actually. lol
Sara O.
on 4/22/12 11:59 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
Are you getting enough protein?
Marissa A.
on 4/23/12 7:28 am - CA
 I didn't start with the hairloss until a month ago, and i don't think i'm having enough protein, i started to pay more attention to my vitamins, supplements and  protein a week ago... I was told by my doctor that by taking a daily pill of folic acid it will help to reduce the loss and will help to grow back my hair, hopefully it does!! thanks for your reply.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 281 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views