I just did a NO-NO!

Kalyssa
on 4/24/12 4:28 am - MD
RNY on 03/20/12
 I had a small tortilla, white chicken chili and a little bit of rice and sour cream.  I started drink juice with meal and within 5 minutes started not tel feel well.   I know better!  But that juice was tasting so good......

rachel05
on 4/24/12 4:42 am - Leesburg, GA
There is nothing that anyone can tell you better then your body.. Feeling horrible is a good way to stay far far away from the bad stuff.
Just curious,since you are very new post op..are you on all solids now? Anything?
Kalyssa
on 4/24/12 4:46 am - MD
RNY on 03/20/12
 I am on soft foods.  The whole thing is that I am not a foodie.  I rather drink than eat.
Cherokeesage
on 4/24/12 4:54 am
RNY on 02/24/12
My surgery was 2/24 and I'm on solids but I eat very little at this point.  For example, if I eat a small chicken tenderloin I can't eat any additional veggies.  I cook a pkg of tenderloins in my crockpot so they fall apart easily and easy to chew down to nothing by the time I swallow.  I have made beef and pork the same way. 

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Dave Chambers
on 4/24/12 4:46 am - Mira Loma, CA
Be cautious with some juices early post op. Some juices are high in sugars (oj, example) and could cause dumping. Dilute high sugar juices with water. On the other end of the scale, several juices are high in acid.  Many surgeons caution about fruit juices, as the acidic content could cause a potential ulcer, especially if you consume a higher quantity of them. A friend of mine at one support group did well as a post op, and every thing was going well until about 14 months post op. He failed to show up at the support meeting. Next month he announced he was in the hospital from an ulcer. He did not drink alcohol or smoke, BUT, he did consume high amounts of cold citrus fruits and drank about 2 gallons of that ruby grapefruit Crystal Lite. My surgeon strongly beleives the high acid intake was his issue. He spent 3-4 days in the hosptial, had 2 pint transfulsion, and only had to be treated with oral medications. The ulcer was caught quick enough so that surgery was not needed.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Kalyssa
on 4/24/12 4:52 am - MD
RNY on 03/20/12
 I am going to go back on liquid diet because food is not working for me.  I will have to figure a way to get protein in.
poet_kelly
on 4/24/12 4:55 am - OH
I'm wondering how food is not working for you.  Is it all food, or is it food high in sugar like juice, or food that is starchy and carby, like rice?

If you need to go back to liquids, you'll need to use protein shakes to get your protein in.  But how are you doing with soft proteins, minus carbs and juice?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kalyssa
on 4/24/12 4:57 am - MD
RNY on 03/20/12
 I am not doing good with chicken, fish, I do good with Chili, but that is about it.
Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/24/12 6:25 am - Baltimore, MD
Have you tried canned chicken, tuna fish?

I think Charlie C. was the one who suggested doing tuna or chicken salad with mayo then running it through a food processor. She said that's how delis make theirs (Charlie?). I thought that was a good suggestion.

Then there is also ricotta bake (see Eggface's website but I LIVED on that stuff early out) with a bit of spaghetti sauce. There is protein pudding (see Bariatric Foodie for instructions on making that). 

Lots of soft food choices if you want to back off of solids. 

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Cherokeesage
on 4/24/12 4:56 am
RNY on 02/24/12
that is what my NUT said to do if you can't tolerate food at this point and then to try one thing at a time later....I honestly expected to have problems with food because I did with the lap band ... so I feel really blessed that it is going so well this time

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Most Active
Recent Topics