Finally! I have a NSV to talk about!

Barb H.
on 4/28/12 12:32 pm - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
I am about 13 weeks post op and have lost about 38 pounds. Today, I went into town to do some shopping and ran into some people I know. A couple of them went out of their way to compliment me on how good I am looking. This was so encouraging to me because I've been feeling a little down that I've "only" lost 38 pounds. But I need to keep my eyes on the big picture to remember that this is a process, a journey, changing my habits and creating new, healthier ones. I think, too, I've been so afraid that I will fail again since my band didn't work. So I've been holding my breath, kind of not really being present in my body. This has been a really good realization for me, to let in goodness, to celebrate the positive changes in my body, and to feel gratitude for for this amazing tool.
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

poet_kelly
on 4/28/12 12:35 pm - OH
My surgeon said three to five pounds per week was average, so it sounds like your weight loss is perfectly average.  Nothing wrong with that!

this really is a journey, so let yourself enjoy the trip.  Arriving at your destination isn't the only thing worth celebrating.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Barb H.
on 4/28/12 12:57 pm - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
You are so right, Kelly. Intellectually, I've known this, but it cracked through the surface today and I got it on an emotional level. I feel good about it and know that there will be many more "ah ha" moments to come.
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

bridie_53
on 4/28/12 1:11 pm - IL
RNY on 05/16/12
 Congratulations to you! I truly hope I can follow in your footsteps!

takqia1
on 4/28/12 3:58 pm
I'm glad you had a good day sometimes they come farther apart than wanted. I like the fact that you are protecting yourself "holding my breath" I couldn't have put my thoughts any better than that.
In my heart I know I'm still learning and even though i had lost over 50 lbs before anyone noticed I kept my chin up and just thought maybe because I have failed so many times they are afraid to say anything.
I was a little frustrated this week because I wasn't where I wanted to be but 30 minutes ago my daughter commented on how my son in law said I was "looking REALLY good"...hahahaha.
So I guess I will take it and just put a smile on my face and do what I'm suppose to.
I don't know about you but when I let my guard down and let myself feel vonerable I fail myself and crown myself queen of my own pitty party.
I just need to remind myself my scale doesn't measure my complete journey its just a part of it. I feel better my clothes are smaller and I am getting ready for my 1st 5k. Life is good!
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny will feel.         
Most Active
Recent Topics