1 year and disapointed i am grateful for what i lost so far but still sad

franjellica
on 5/1/12 11:10 pm - PA
I will be one year on the 5th and when i get on here and see people that lost 100 lbs in 6 months it is really depressing to me.. I have tried and tried I been doing everything right and think that I am not gonna loose much more.. I am still obese. I havent even lost 100 lbs yet and was just hoping to get under 200 by one year but that dont look like it is going to happen ..
I think I lost a total of like 8 lbs since Jan..   I think something is wrong I do the treadmill as much as possible and keep cals at about 1000 a day ...
I just hope I will still loose after a year mark..
i use to be vegetarian am thinking about going back..but am worried about getting enough protein..since I only like certain things.
I never really was big into eating sugar and ate pretty healthy Now I have a hard time eating salads.. Im lost
I had to have emergancy surgery in Dec for a perferated ulcer that I didnt even no I had.. and wonder if that could of stopped weight lost.
Does anyone have any suggestions or do you think I am still gonna lose more weight.???. I heard you stop loosing after a year.

HW 300  SW 287  CW 186 Surgery Date May 5,2011          

MarilynT
on 5/1/12 11:25 pm
You don't HAVE to stop losing after a year!!

My first step would be to log my food intake on MyFitnessPal or a similar website to be ABSOLUTELY sure what I was eating.There is even a message board there for people who have had WLS and you could get some feedback on your food diary from the posters there.  I think at one year post op I was eating WAY MORE than 1000 calories!

Good luck.

Marilyn (now in NM)
RNY 10/2/01
262(HW)/150-155(GW)/159(CW)
(updated March 2012)

franjellica
on 5/1/12 11:47 pm - PA
I have logged my food in myfitnessPal from the very first start that is how i keep track of everything

Eliza55
on 5/1/12 11:32 pm - PA

Keep up the exercise plan, and you might want to add some weight training to that.  Make sure you get adequate protein and minimize the carbs. I am currently targeting 90-100 grams of protein a day to address protein deficiency (I was at about 60).  If you want to go vegetarian, make sure you supplement protein.

If you can't eat salad, try different fruits and veggies - I can do well with many cooked veggies but not much fresh.  It is easier for me to tolerate cooked vegies than meat.    I also love a good mango once in a while.
Good luck!

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Michelle V.
on 5/1/12 11:33 pm - Livonia, MI
Talk to your doctor and NUT. You still lost 97 lbs, that is really great. As long as you use the tools provided from surgery, you should continue to loose weight.

Are you still consuming at least 70 grams of protein a day? Do you still wait 30 minutes after meals to drink any fluids? Are you snacking and forgetting to count the calories?

franjellica
on 5/1/12 11:51 pm - PA
yes I do get a least over 70 protein a day and count everything if I snack it is popcorn protein bars beaneatos or fruit .. I am going to my pilates machine today I usually do the treadmill most of the days.. but I am starting to add in the pilates..

Thanks for getting back to me

rachel05
on 5/1/12 11:48 pm - Leesburg, GA
I didn't stop loosing after 1 yr. I was close to my goal. I just kept trecking and still lost.

Keep up the good work.Rememeber it took you your whole life to get to the weight your were. 1 year and 100 pounds is not everyone's path. If you are still exercising,an still losing,then you are still doing great!!
fran_pa
on 5/1/12 11:59 pm - PA
Do not give up!  That's the number advice I have.  We can so easily get into the mindset that it is not working for us.  Your pouch still works.  Like others have said, talk to you NUT and doc and get back to the basics.  If you're serious about the vegetarian approach, talk to Kelly on here or get on this doc's site:  https://www.facebook.com/drgarth  who is a WL surgeon who lives and vegetarian lifestyle and promotes it in his patients. 
My other advice is try something different.  Try some new different proteins.  Try a new exercise routine.  Try some new recipes.  Do you have a support group?  If not, find one. 
I am one day off from your surgery date, and I too sometimes run into that trap of comparing myself to others.  I remember posting this months ago; that all of us May surgery dates last year seem to be in this mode.
I can tell you some of the changes I made.... I use a personal trainer (never thought that would be a part of my life); I ran a 5k and run several times a week now (really never thought that would be part of my life); I belong to a WLS social group as well as a Celiac support group as well as a local outdoor adventure group (forced me out of my social shell).  My husband and I just bought a camper and I'm about to get a real bike and we are going to start biking together.  I got cross country skis this winter (although they didn't get much use due to lack of snow).  But, anything that puts the excitement into activities and takes away the focus on food is what is helping me.
Also, give yourself credit for what you have done so far.  It's a great accomplishment.  Yes, you've had a set back with the ulcer surgery.  Do what you can to move forward now.
If you have more to lose, you don't have to stop losing after a year, or after 18 months for that matter.
fickleme
on 5/2/12 12:17 am - Bessemer City, NC
Sweetie you are doing great... 97lbs is a huge weight loss... I understand the feeling of "not enough" I still have those days too but you have to remind yourself that we all are different and will lose differently too... Please don't get discouraged... I am a little over a  year out and just this week have lost 2 more pounds... I felt sure I was done since I have only lost a total of 12 lbs since Jan 1st... It does slow down and your body will stop when its ready too... Just keep on tracking your food and keep up your moving... maybe changing up your routine will help... I hope you start seeing the scale move if thats what you wanting but please take the time to celebrate all you have accomplished thus far and enjoy your success... you have done so well :) 
franjellica
on 5/2/12 12:55 am - PA
Thanks so much to all for the encoragement to keep going i was about thinking to give up keeping track cause i was getting sick of and not seeing anything i have upped my excersize in the last week i will see if that does anything I hope so..  Thanks so much.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 227 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 352 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 234 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 7 replies · 45 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 131 views