NSV Central! Plus an SV! BEWARE of Content, tho...

kkjordan78
on 5/2/12 3:39 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
Hello Everyone!

I am 5 weeks and a few days out and I finally have some updates!

NSV # 1 - I had to put on a BELT this morning to hold my jeans up! I haven't had the need for a belt in over 15 years or ever really. I found a striped cloth belt that came with a pair of capri pants I bought a couple of years ago. I was so stoked!

NSV # 2 - Nearly EVERYONE is noticing my changes at work. I am a high school teacher and it is quite alarming (and exciting) when walking down the halls and big, buff, burly male coaches yell, "Hey! You're looking good there!" or pat their bellies and say, "I see that "thing" is working out for you!" and knowingly nod and wink.

NSV # 3 - My new treadmill is going great. I am actually enjoying hopping on and walking a mile in my underwear and tennis shoes in the morning! Just an increase of my activity is a victory in itself. I am NOT too fond of exercise.

SV! - My scale started moving down again! I have been stagnant for 8 days (unless, the scale was fluctuating UP!) So, I am down 2lbs or so...  Now, for the WARNING, the next part is not for the faint of heart or weak of stomach! I am warning you!!!!

Ok, so... I have read about being constipated a lot during these first few months and I have not been spared. Laxatives have become a regular part of my diet. I have have that Milk of Mag works the fastest for me which I will take after about 3 days.

Yesterday, I did not eat the best foods and I paid for it with nausea from Hades. I just wanted it to come out, either end... So I take my laxative and go to sleep.

First thing, this morning on my scale I weight 277.6, I have been 276.0 for a week. Then, my laxative "kicks in" and after all is said and done, my scale says 274.0! Exciting and way scary all at the same time! Did I really have that 3 lbs worth of "back up" in my body?!?! What can I do to not do that?!?!?

Lisa        
MichelleNC
on 5/2/12 3:43 am
Love that you had to wear a belt that is great!
So cute to have the coaches supporting you on your journey!
HAHA in your underwear and tennis shoes LMAO to funny! Just be careful you don't fall and need paramedics...that would be my luck!
3 lbs of pooh hell that is enough to make me drink MOM and take a laxative daily for the rest of my life. Holy crap that is a lot of crap!
I am so proud of you you are doing great! It is almost time for a update pic so we can compare 5 weeks out! I hope you are taking lots of pics of your journey!
Keep up the good work!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

kkjordan78
on 5/2/12 3:54 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
Hey Lady!

I KNOW that is a LOT of crap. I feel so dirty yet amazingly...light!:)  That is absolutely crazy to me. But better out than in, I guess... Enought about that!

I am going to have to take some pics. I was going to do 50 lb increments but I think 25 lbs is better.

You just put a new thought in my head!!! I hope I don't need the paramedics! I will have to keep some clothes close by now!

I will start purchasing MOM by the case now...  

You are almost up to bat! Can't wait to hear your updates, too!

Thanks and talk to you soon!

Lisa
Lisa        
Adrienne G.
on 5/2/12 5:23 am - Germantown, MD
Monthly pictures girl....monthly

I'm not shy at all..so some months I have many pics (to show off my cute clothes - lol)

Congrats, enjoy, and keep up the great work!!!
Starting weight (12/10) - 346; Surgery day weight (10/11) - 282.4

kkjordan78
on 5/2/12 12:59 pm - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
Thank you! I will have to pull out the camera soon. I should keep better track.
Lisa        
CindyKae64
on 5/2/12 4:35 am, edited 5/2/12 4:36 am
RNY on 05/22/12
I really enjoyed your post! I am amazed at all that you see changing already!
kkjordan78
on 5/2/12 1:00 pm - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
Thank you! It is amazing really. I see differences inside and out and the best thing about it is that they are mostly all good. I just hope to keep it up and be able to reach my goal.
Waysta
on 5/2/12 5:11 am - TX
My dr. put me on Miralax everyday at about a month out.  I always tended to the "loose" side of bm's prior to surgery ( I have IBS)  Now with the Miralax I feel human again.  I use the generic equivelant...works for me.
Slow and steady !!!!  Have a Blessed Day !!!!!!                             
kkjordan78
on 5/2/12 1:01 pm - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
Hello!

I was taking Miralax but it seemed like it still takes a few days to work for me. I like fast (and furious) relief:)
Lisa        
Carol M.
on 5/2/12 1:09 pm - TX
 I started adding 1500 mg of Magnesium Oxide in capsule form to my daily regime of supplements. It has kept things moving over the past 6 months.
Carol , East Texas
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 389 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 495 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 477 views