14 weeks out

Barb H.
on 5/3/12 12:28 pm - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
Yesterday was 14 weeks from my revision surgery to RNY from the band. I've lost 39 pounds. This is almost what I lost with the band and the good thing is that I'm not that far out so I feel confident that I will continue to lose.

I've been extremely fortunate in that I've had no issues with strictures, have tolerated everything I've eaten, I've not thrown up once since I left the hospital which was quite a change from my band. Sometimes if I eat a little too fast, my pouch will get a little irritated with me but then i slow down and it calms down and life is good.

My only real concern is my energy level is still lower than I want it to be. My stamina is short lived. If I go to town and shop or whatever, I'm tired the next day. I hate feeling this way. I feel so much gratitude that in so many other ways, my life is really good but this is one that is really problematic. I need to go back to work and this is a huge factor in getting me more motivated to look because my energy level is so dang low. I eat well, I drink my water and other liquids, I take my vitamins. I don't get it. I should feel much better after losing 39 pounds.

I have an appointment to talk with my nutritionist nest week. I hope she will be able to shed some light on my dilemma.
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

bridie_53
on 5/3/12 12:36 pm - IL
RNY on 05/16/12
 HOW MUCH PROTEIN AND ACtivity are your getting a day?

Cherokeesage
on 5/3/12 12:40 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
Barb I can Ditto your post...Barb

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Barb H.
on 5/3/12 3:00 pm - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
Barb, you too? Damn it, it sucks! Do you work? If so, how are you managing?

poet_kelly
on 5/3/12 12:46 pm - OH
Have you had labs done since surgery?  You may be low on iron, B12 or vitamin D, and that could make you very tired.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Barb H.
on 5/3/12 2:59 pm - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
I just had them done last week but haven't followed up with my PCP yet. Thanks for mentioning this because I can call and get an appointment.

Most Active
Recent Topics