I have my date!

Nancyd123
on 5/4/12 11:58 pm
May 22nd is my day, I check into the hospital at 5:30am.  So excited, anxious, nervous and scared all at the same time!  I feel so blessed to have had the approval come from my insurance so quickly.  My husband lost his job last summer and started this new job in December....long story short, the old job's insurance would not pay for bariatric surgery, but his new job's insurance would.  I remember feeling so helpless last year after he lost his job, but now I almost feel like it happened for a reason.  So thankful in so many ways......
Any words of encouragement would be appreciated!  I'm really scared about the first 2 weeks being all liquid and how I'm going to get through that.  Thanks!
K B.
on 5/5/12 12:05 am
RNY on 04/30/12
Congrats! You are going to do fabulous I did not have a liquid pre-op diet, except for the day before surgery. I had my surgery on Monday, April 30th. To be honest the 1st couple days were just getting in the routine and remembering to drink. I have not had any issues with the post-op liquid diet. I am getting 60oz+ a day. If you are worried about the liquids after, you will do great! I have yet to be hungry. It is such a weird feeling. I have not eaten anything since Saturday before surgery at 5 pm, almost one week now and I am coasting along! You will do great!
Nancyd123
on 5/5/12 12:08 am

Thanks for those words!  You make me feel so much better!  I've been an emotional eater my whole life so I feel like that part of it will be the hardest for me, but I know I can get through it.  Just one day at the time, right?  Thank you and good luck to you as well!

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/12 12:39 am
RNY on 04/18/12
I had my surgery on April 18th and I have yet to feel any hunger.  Seriously, I am never hungry.  I eat about 2 oz. of pureed food twice a day, but I get most of my nutrition from the protein shakes.  If you're anything at all like me, you will be fine with the all liquid diet after surgery.  In fact, you will probably struggle to get enough liquid in you the first few days, so make sure you concentrate on that.

Good luck and best wishes for a successful surgery!
Skinnygirlme
on 5/5/12 1:37 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 Good luck to you!!!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 510 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 492 views