dreamfields pasta

grmadeb01
on 5/7/12 6:38 am - FL
ok, i read on here that this was pretty good...i got some at my local store...i have used it in spaghetti and ghoolash that i have made....family doesnt notice a difference at all....i only had a bite of 2....so what all do you tink of this pasta???

i made some mac n cheese tonight using the sprial pasta noodles...but i used greek yogurt, shredded cheese, and some salsa for the cheese sauce..i also added in a can of corn....i wil see how it all tastes....im just  craving some mac n cheese, so was trying to make it more healther than the old box version......i know i know its not that healty...but i used grated cheese and greek yogurt to bump up the protein amounts on this...

i know i will only eat a bite or 2...after my chicken breast...but was just wondering what you all thought of this product...

thanks
debby
Cheryle
on 5/7/12 7:04 am - VA
yes, have used it like it.. going to ask the nut about it on thursday.. look online lot of times you can find a $1 coupon.. I am a couponer.. stores that double coupons.. you can get it free most of the time. . have not seen anything but straight speghetti noodles. oh.. be careful not to overcooked these noodles.. thats not good
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/7/12 8:12 am - OH
There is a lot of controversy about whether their claims about the carbs involved are true.  I don't know what the true carb content is, but what I do know is that there is NO pasta that will give you good protein"bang for your buck" volume wise, and that pasta leaves very little room for other food higher in protein.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Sara L.
on 5/7/12 10:49 am
I read someplace....it might have been on the dreamfields website that the "net carb" count is real, but that if you cook it with an acid....like tomato sauce it negates the chemical reaction that gives you the low net carb count. 

I think it just pertained to cooking it with the acid...topping a few pieces of penne pasta with turkey meatballs and marinara wouldn't hurt, but if you baked the pasta with the tomato....forget about it.

I agree with Lora, not the best use of pouch space early on....but if you are cooking for your family it's a better choice than regular pasta!!!  And I can't tell the difference either. 

Good luck!!  It obviously requires more research....and a little pasta can lead to a slippery slope of carb creep!!  It's hard enough for me to keep away from simple carbs.  Once I let one in, the rest creep in right along with it!!

Sara in Maui

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 312 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 91 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??