thought i had a hemroid, now seeing a surgeon

keepitoff91
on 5/8/12 8:40 am
I have had hemroids that clot, I get them opened up and they go away. I felt like that's what was happening so I went to my PCP expecting the same. She looked and said it wasn't "thrombosed" and then she did a "digital". OUCH! She said she felt a mass in my anal sphincter and I need to see a surgeon. I am going for a consult tomorrow.

I am really nervous. I don't want surgery on my bumm, but I'm in a lot of pain.

I go #2 very normal, soft. I really don't need help in that department.

Has anyone gone through this?

LBinSC0712
on 5/8/12 9:31 am
Yes!!  I had one that HURT and HURT and I let it go then I could not take it anymore and went to the Dr who said mine had a clot and sent me to the surgeon. The surgeon took a look and said he could operate but b/c I take a blood thinner it would not be worth it and that i had let it go so long - it would heal on its own.  Probably took about two weeks b4 it was ok - but so glad no surgery!

Good luck!

rhondanewme
on 5/8/12 12:04 pm - Grantsboro, NC
I am dealing with something similar - not sure because I haven't been to the doctor yet. I've been having some hemroid trouble for the last 3 weeks or so. About 3 days ago I realized that I have a large hard "bump" or cyst, or something. Looking it up on line, I see that it might be a thrombosed hemroid like you have had, it might be an anal absess, or it might be something else that I'm scared to think about! I know I need to see my doc, but I keep hoping it will go away before I have to. I don't know why I feel embarrassed to talk about it, but I haven't told anyone and I haven't made an appt. yet. Thank you for sharing.

I hope it turns out to be nothing for you and no surgery is needed. I hope it turns out to be that way for me too! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!
keepitoff91
on 5/8/12 8:26 pm
Oh my goodness! It is embarrassing, but go and get it checked. You'll be so glad you did!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 523 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 508 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 394 views
Recent Topics