Scrambled Eggs - Oh How I Hate Thee

mikerccie
on 5/9/12 4:18 am
RNY on 02/28/12
I love eggs - I really do.  I've tried scrambled eggs 4 different times now (measured exactly to the meal plan) and with only one exception they've made me feel stuffed and eventually I threw them up.  Thankfully I really like poached eggs and am pretty good at poaching them so I get my egg "fix" that way.

The one time they didn't make me sick my wife made them and they were about half eggs and half FF Sour Cream.

Am I the only one that can't keep scrambled eggs down?

I tried again today for "lunch" and now I feel like I have an anvil sitting on my chest after throwing up four times.

MEZ
on 5/9/12 4:20 am - Wilmington, NC
I am JUST NOW (5 months out) able to eat eggs.  Scrambled or boiled.  I kept trying and trying with the same results you have.  I finally decided I'd try once a month, only on a weekend (when I didn't have to work), and I finally can do it.

They're such good protein sources.  Hopefully you'll get there, too!

Ellen            RNY      Surgery Date: 12/6/2011
5' 5.5"          Surgery BMI 37.5        HW 254            SW 230         GW 150 - reached 11/6/12 

SuzysJourney72
on 5/9/12 4:37 am - Wilmington, NC
Hey MEZ, we have the same surgeon!  Are you in Wilmington?  Do you attend the support groups at New Hanover Hospital?

Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/9/12 4:23 am, edited 5/9/12 4:24 am - Baltimore, MD
If the sour cream eggs didn't make you sick, you could try Greek yogurt (very similar).

But was scrambled your favorite way to eat them? I know a lot of people have problems with eggs. I never did. My theory is that those who do may be sensitive to fat intake. The yolks have a lot of fat in them. But then some folks get sick off Egg Beaters. So in the end, I dunno.
mikerccie
on 5/9/12 4:39 am
RNY on 02/28/12
Poached has never given me a problem so I'm guessing it isn't the fat content.  I'm going to skip the scrambled for a few months and maybe try them again.  I might be eating them too fast since they don't really take much chewing.

Thanks for the feedback.

Kay L.
on 5/9/12 4:27 am - N., AL
For some reason, many post-ops have problems tolerating scrambled eggs. I'm one of them. Give me hard-boiled, deviled, fried, poached. But don't give me scrambled. Although, at 6 years out, I've tried them and the nausea is less. But I'd like to avoid it all-together.
onechunkymonkey
on 5/9/12 5:15 am - Novato, CA
I HATE EGGS IN ALL FORMS - BUT, I can take a scrambled egg & put some 4 cheese blend on it til it melts & get it down. The cheese masks the EGG!  lol

~ Live life to it's fullest & inspire everyone ~

mikerccie
on 5/9/12 7:17 am
RNY on 02/28/12
Real-time Update:

Nearly 5 HOURS after eating the eggs and way too many throw-ups to count.  I finally felt something "move" and heard sounds like pulling the plug on a bathtub full of water.  I've been keeping fluids down since then.  Now I need to get my water, pils and make-up protien drinks in there.

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/12 8:04 am - TX
RNY on 06/11/12
Well, I don't care for eggs in any form. Have not since I was pregnant 21 years ago. I remember my last trimester sitting in a restaurant in the middle of a round booth. I was so pregnant I could hardly move. Then the eggs were delivered to the table. Not only did I move, I moved from the middle of the booth underneath it to the bathroom. From that day, I have not been able to handle the smell... Yuk!!! Thank goodness for egg beaters, they don't have a smell at all! But let someone crack an egg in my house and I'm heeving, all the way to the bathroom.... YUK, YUK, YUK... Good luck in getting your eggs in? For me, I'll find protein elsewhere. LOL
ephraimmeir77
on 5/9/12 8:42 am - CA
Eggs felt very heavy at first. After a few months they became a pretty easy to eat food. I mostly use egg substitute (virtually fat free) but sometimes regular eggs. The key for me is to keep them pretty loose and moist. Once they are cooked too much they can sit heavy even now.
Ephraim Osgood

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 213 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 282 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?