Home from the hospital...few questions.

sacaudle
on 5/19/12 8:53 am - NC
I had my surgery on Thursday and seem to be doing pretty well.  I have very little pain and nausea and am doing my best to sip and get in all my fluids/proteins.  I have a few questions.

I am 7 lbs more than i was before I went in...is this normal?  I'm guessing it's from all the bloating from surgery...but how long until I see some resutls.

Also, though I'm not hungry, I definatley have a desire to chew and eat.  Will this subside?

Excited about the journey ahead of me! 

bridie_53
on 5/19/12 8:58 am - IL
RNY on 05/16/12
 Lucky you no pain!! do you have a drain left in? I have no desire to eat at all and everything tastes salty!

sacaudle
on 5/19/12 9:03 am - NC
no, no drain...I'm on tylenol for pain and it seems to take care of it really well. 
MichelleNC
on 5/19/12 9:09 am
 Congrats on your surgery! The weight is all the fluid they pump in you I have heard it is totally normal!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Hollie313
on 5/19/12 9:58 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
This is very true.  My surgeon told me not to even bother weighing myself until my 10 day post-op appt because of all the fluids they pump into you.

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

Rick White
on 5/19/12 9:15 am
RNY on 03/26/12
I gained five pounds in the hospital from the IV fluids. It will go away quickly. Don't stress over it. Congrats on starting your journey!

Pamofyork
on 5/19/12 9:28 am
RNY on 05/15/12
 I was up 9 lbs , my surgery was on Tuesday so I am 5 days out. I had lost two this morning. It is frustrating tho, but just keep remembering that it's temporary and you will loose it quickly. I had a lot of extra fluids in the hospital because I had trouble urinating after surgery.

I have no nausea, but no real desire to eat yet either. 
We need to just hang in there and take each day as it comes.
Good Luck
MaleNurse78
on 5/19/12 10:08 am - Bossier City , LA
 I did have some fluid build up after surgery but today post op day 5 I am fluid free and 11 pounds less than the day I discharged from the hospital! I am feeling pretty good other that the site where the drain was, it is still a little sore.

newdreams22
on 5/19/12 2:01 pm
RNY on 04/27/12 with
Is normal the hospital gave you a lot of fluids takes about a week  or so to drain out of your body try not to worry... just keep sip sip  your fluids .you will be fine.
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/12 2:46 pm - San Diego, CA
RNY on 03/21/12
 I came home from the hospital 12 lbs heavier than when I went in. It's normal. 
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 385 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 169 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics