Stalls and how to keep it moving.

kkjordan78
on 5/21/12 2:19 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
 Hello everyone,

We all know and can empathize with the dreaded stalls.  I don't know if it is possible or not to break them or do we just have to sit and wait them out?

I made a post a week or so ago about how my doc wants me to lose 40 lbs by June 20. I don't know if I'll reach it or not because a week of loss, I stop for a few days. This might not qualify as a true stall but it is a stall nonetheless, especially when I am eating and exercising according to my program.

So, besides curse and throw our scales, what can we do to help break a stall if anything?

I have read to:
1.  Increase calories
2.  Increase exercise
3.  Decrease exercise
4.  Take probiotics
5.  Lift weights

What do you know that may help?

Lisa        
SarinaHaas
on 5/21/12 2:27 am - NY
RNY on 02/28/12
Just keep on, keepin' on!! I just broke a 5.5 week "stall." I didn't change anything, I just kept eating correctly and kept working out. Granted, it felt like the longest 5.5 weeks, but I got through it...... well, until the next one
Dagne Tripplehorn
on 5/21/12 2:50 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 When you discover the cure, first share it with your pals here on OH, then patent it. You'll be a kazillionaire. 

In the meantime, make sure your thyroid is in good working order. Hydrate well.
Also, it helps to be young, male, have a very high starting weight, and be able to exercise like a
fiend all day long.

I propose a contest to see who stays stalled the longest. Prize: ??  

Reddheadd7
on 5/21/12 6:25 am - CA
I WIN! What's the prize? I had my surgery 7/7/11 and I've basically been about 193 since March. I haven't even recorded my weight since then because it just bounces up and down so I refuse to record my weight until I'm below my last entry. :) Thyroid...check! hydrated...check! but I'm female...didn't start at a high weight and I exercise 5 days a week for 1-1.5 hrs each day, cardio and strength training. it's either my calories or what i'm eating...can't figure that out but I never got to enjoy that "honeymoon" stage in the first year.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 154 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics