I want to eat soooo badly

sacaudle
on 5/21/12 8:21 am - NC
 Im struggling, I want to eat something so badly,  I still have 2 more weeks of this liquid diet and I just don't know if I can do it... Food just looks so yummy to me right now.  I so would give anything for a scrambled egg or some cottage cheese.  

What helped you all get through the first few weeks after surgery?
H.A.L.A B.
on 5/21/12 8:28 am, edited 5/21/12 8:28 am
nice little dress size 12....  It was my original goal.  That and the look in my bank account... :( ($00).
Every time I wanted to do something that either could hurt me and sent me to ER (that I would have to pay at least copay) or not follow the rules and never get into that dress (I did give it away - it got too big at the end) I started doing what I need to do. 

goal - and consequences when you do not do when you need to..  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Dee.spunk
on 5/21/12 8:33 am - Sacramento, CA
I'll be honest. That stage was brutal, everything tasted so gross to me. My husband bought a burger and I took a bite and chewed the crap out of it and spit it out. Felt good to just chew! But I kept thinking, this is for my own good, if I can eat right before surgery I can do it now. I had to jump thru a lot of hoops I get my surgery and I wasn't going to throw it away. So jut stick to it. Fund different sort of liquids you can do. Broth, cream of whatever, sf Popsicles, anything.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

grmadeb01
on 5/21/12 8:53 am - FL
sorry cant help you i came home from the hospital on purees so i got to eat right away...small amounts, but was on food non the less...every doctor has a different plan of attack..but just so you know there are a few of us that had food right away...puress but only for 2 weeks..
sorry could not be of any help, i am not sure i could have done it either..
debby
Neaucora
on 5/21/12 9:02 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
Don't forget your going thru withdrawls right now. That is why EVERYTHING looks so tasty. You are going to withdrawl off of carbs, and sugars. The FDA allows companies to add addicting preservatives and other additives to food, so that you will crave it and buy more. Right now food is not your friend. It will get easier, I promise. And just think, soon you will feel so much better.

JaneJetson
on 5/21/12 9:28 am
RNY on 05/07/12
 What can you have as far as liquids? Can you have strained cream soups and such? Every doctor has such different orders so I wish I could help.  It's tough, I know.  
Hollie313
on 5/21/12 9:33 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
LOTS of skim milk got me through.  Also, I completely hated the chicken broth.  So, I called my nut and she told me I could buy the Campbell's Healthy Request chicken noodle soup.  I had my husband strain out all the chunks (he did it cuz I would've tried to eat a noodle and I knew this...lol).  So, the soup broth + black pepper tasted like heaven, at that point.  Try to mix it up as much as possible.  YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

Hollie313
on 5/21/12 9:35 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
PS...talk to your surgeon, too.  I saw mine at my 10 post op, told him I was feeling good and wanted to try purees.  His answer?  "All people are different, so if you feel good then go ahead and try it".  So, I did.  However, I don't think you should do this without your surgeon's clearance.

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

sacaudle
on 5/21/12 9:55 am - NC
I'm suppose to be on clear liquids and protien shakes for 3 weeks.   I've eaten about 5 popsicles today because it's the only thing that feels like food.  I am getting in my protein...but I just want to cheew something.  I see my Surgeon a week from tomorrow so we'll see what he says.  I feel pretty good otherwise :)  Thanks all for the help and support :)
Reel
on 5/21/12 10:09 am
 I dont understand why you would need to be on clear liquids and protein shakes. A protein shake is not a clear liquid and would defeat the purpose of only being on clear liquids.  Maybe you are supposed to be on "full liquids" w/ protein shakes. Just a thought. 

Highest Weight: 314, Pre-Op Weight: 294, Surgical Weight: 279, 1st Goal Weight: 170, 2nd Goal Weight: 155, Current Weight:163

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 182 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 182 views