NSV - No Guilt When Eating Cone

chatterpam
on 5/24/12 2:54 am - PA
I was eating a wonderful fat free/no sugar added frozen yogurt cone when I realized that I no longer had this "fear" about others thinking "look at that fat chick eating ice cream."  WOW!  Now, I realize that I shouldn't give a rat's pittoute about what other people think, nor can I control what they are thinking, however, it is something I have dealt with for year.  I feel good... dododododo-DO!

dasie
on 5/24/12 3:20 am

That is very liberating...good for you.

jessann5
on 5/24/12 3:34 am - Kansas City, KS
I know exactly what you are talking about! I remember clearly the terror of going to a resturant and fearing there would not be any tables and I would have to squeeze into a booth with the waiter, and others around watching.  Or just like you getting a ice cream and imagining what others were thinking as I ate it.

Feels good to be free!

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

chatterpam
on 5/24/12 3:39 am - PA
Yes!  Isn't it interesting how long it takes for that preprogrammed thinking to go away... I still check out the booth to gauge if I will "fit"...
Larry Wassmann
on 5/24/12 4:08 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
I have had the same guilty feelings from time to time. I very seldom brought things like ice cream, chips and other stuff home but if I wanted some I would go someplace and have it. I always felt like, “hay look at the whale eating", was being said by everyone who saw me. They didn't realize that it was probably the first time in months that I had the fast food thing I was eating. I felt embarrassed and a little pissed off because of what I thought of the injustice of it all. I had employees who worked for me who could eat 2 double cheese burgers, fries and gulp down a gallon of coke each day and never gain a pound. I would look at a picture of a candy bar and gain 2 pounds.

Having said that and realizing that when I am at goal I can have a treat like you had, I have been advised and know myself enough that I have to stop looking for sweet things. I was advised to even wean myself off of Crystal Lite, and other sweet type drinks to get the desire for that taste out of my system. I am afraid if I have a sweet treat that I will start back on the slippery slope again. More power to you if that will not happen to you. Being a recovering alcoholic I would not tempt myself by even having an alcohol free beer. But that is just me.

Good for you and be proud of what you have accomplished, you know what your are and the hell with what others think of your eating habits. They probable eat worse than you by a long shot.  

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

chatterpam
on 5/24/12 4:18 am - PA
Larry - CONGRATS on your sobriety!  That is a huge accomplishment (my Mom, Dad and Sister have been sober for 23, 30 and 21 years)  My "trigger" food is sugar and steer clear of it because I am fearful, like you are.  This yogurt is sweetened with sucralose (Splenda), and though I get the sweet taste it doesn't make me want to binge like sugar does.

Food has been my drug of choice since I was child. 

Most Active
Recent Topics