No Enegry!!

Beth roark
on 5/29/12 10:44 am, edited 5/29/12 10:45 am - CA
RNY on 05/22/12 with
Ugh so I am 1 week post op. I'm in very little to no pain, my incisions are healing nicely, I am getting 85-95 g protein and at least 64 oz water every day.  But I have no energy and its kind of depressing!!! Is it normal? I have my post op on Thursday and I will move to the next stage of food will I start feeling better than? 

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/12 10:50 am
RNY on 05/07/12
I struggled with this as well. I think you will get some energy back, I am three weeks out and still amazed at how easily I get tired. I am normally a very active person so that is hard for me. your energy will come back sleep when you need to and when feeling good try not to over due it. I had that problem then set myself back. I get to move to puree again this week, I had a set back that the dr warned me about. Most don't need to worry but make sure to stay on your food plan and you will do great. Also vitamins are coming up with the food change. I have one that I chew four a day and nothing else is needed. it is great.I had to order them but they came quickly and are not bad priced. Good luck!!!
poet_kelly
on 5/29/12 10:57 am - OH
Yes, it's normal.  You will start feeling better but I can't tell you exactly when.  Your body is still recovering from major surgery and you're not getting many calories right now, so it makes sense that you have no energy.  Try and get lots of rest, and keep getting your water and protein.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jewel-twin
on 5/29/12 11:06 am - Canada
It sounds normal... even though you feel good you JUST had major surgery and you should be taking it really easy...walk when you can, and protein and water sounds like your doing just what you need to!

Chin up babe! Hope your energy comes back soon!

Juls
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/12 12:56 pm

Yes it is normal, they are right.  I know somebody that had the surgery (my surgery date is July 19th just got to meet my surgeon today) and she (not the surgeon, my friend) said expect to not have energy, as you are not eating much of anything  (so not getting energy from food) so your body is pulling from everywhere it can which equals weight loss.  You are doing a good job getting the protien I have heard that is hard to do as well as the water.  Keep it up and you are well on your way....your energy will return (when, depends on the individual as everyone is different) plus more than you had before!
I know I haven't had the surgey yet but I know people who have, and also I have had 2 1/2 years to research everything and I mean everything... as I have been waiting that long......

Good luck in getting to your goal!!
Mel 

Beth roark
on 5/30/12 2:03 am - CA
RNY on 05/22/12 with
Thanks everyone for the responses!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 358 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 454 views