One week - no starchy carbs (or other food demons)

hedrider
on 5/29/12 2:34 pm - Midlothian, TX
Those who did, and those who didn't... wanna give it another go?

I'm still battling these carb demons and I need them to go.  For that I need a challenge, and someone/someones to motivate me.

How'd you do last time?

Let's do it again. 
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

kidnamedtoad
on 5/29/12 5:00 pm
I did better but not good enough.  For example tonight I had a hamburger bun with my sloppy joe.  I used to be able to eat it with a fork and forgo the bun.  Tomorrow I'm eating the leftovers for lunch with no bun.  I too need to be accountable.  I only lost 4lbs last month.  I need to step it up if I'm to make my goal.
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
dasie
on 5/29/12 8:40 pm
Next time try putting some sloppy joe in  lettuce and making a wrap.  That is what I do, and it works well.  Being able to pick it up, have a little crunch helps me so much versus just eating the mix.    PF Chang posts their lettuce wrap recipe online.  My daughter makes it.  It does have brown sugar, but I allow myself to have that small amount of BS that is in the sauce.

Maybe that will help.  If I do want a bun, I use the sandwich thins or Ezekiel bread.

hedrider
on 5/30/12 12:01 am - Midlothian, TX
Great idea!  I always forget about lettuce for wraps!
Heather

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/29/12 8:44 pm
I have 4th year doc appointment next week... I am motivated...
This week - is gentle - with some fruits allowed...... next week - it will be no fruits. Just proteins and veggies.   
But - if you eat carbs - go for a fast walk - 20-30 min... you will burn the sugar. 

Today I started the day early with pork roast (3 slices) and cucumber. 
Watch for hidden sugars added to RTD meats and dishes. Chinese and other Asian places - the dishes are loaded with sugar. 
Eat every 2 hrs. - on a clock.
Drink warm green tea.  
Avoid SA - some of them do affect blood sugar more than others. 
Some splenda has dextrose mixed in the powder - dextrose is glucose - even not much may trigger sugar cravings.
Watch for sugar in vitamins, if you do chewable - at least take them with a very low carb meal. 
Some carbs - even the complex carbs (i.e. oatmeal ) may affect you more than you think.
.. and so on..  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 5/29/12 9:40 pm - OH
I did not do so great.  I've been sick the last few days and I did eat crackers a couple times when my stomach was upset.  I'm up for another week, though.  And I'll do better this time!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

hedrider
on 5/30/12 12:14 am - Midlothian, TX
So today I think I am going to go :"hard core" (haha!) and forgo even the topping on my yogurt.  No half ounce of Special K Protein Plus and ground flax with my yogurt.  I think I just need to break that cycle of craving and I think that abstaining is probably the only way to do it.  I seem to have no issues with sugar as long as I refrain from eating it, so it makes sense that it should work for this as well.

It's just the last 6 months or so that I seem to have lost control of my carbohydrate intake and I'm currently in my "bounceback" period.  I'm fine with a 5 or 10 pound bounceback as I think I was a little underweight looking, but I am NOT okay with a 15 pound bounceback, and that's where I'm heading...

Lunch today is a chicken breast and a 4 inch corn on the cob.  Contemplating forgoing the corn for something else today, but we'll see how it goes when I get to lunch.  I'm focusing most on skipping the cereals, crackers, breads, etc...
Heather

Mrsapril05
on 5/30/12 12:35 am - Camrose, Canada
 I need a slap too... I've been having trouble with carbs and eating way to many!! This is just what I need!!
I'm starting today!! No carbs for 1 week, lets see how this works out!!  Thanks ladies :)
    I Like this quote I dislike this quote“No great thing is created suddenly.?        
Surgery Date:   Jan 12 2011  

HW:285     CW: 175  SW:250     GW: 160        
poet_kelly
on 5/30/12 2:54 am - OH
Today for lunch I had a sliced orange bell pepper with hummus, since I didn't want to have the hummus on pita bread like I usually do.  Honestly, I think it was better on the pepper.  It was really good.  So far, so good!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

hedrider
on 5/30/12 5:08 am - Midlothian, TX
I've had it on sliced raw squash and zucchini before too.  Yummy.  I'll try the pepper!
Heather

Most Active
Recent Topics