Is chilli ok on full liquid diet?

acrespin1
on 5/29/12 8:32 am
RNY on 05/16/12
Has anyone eaten chilli during the full liquid phase? I am 2 weeks postop on full liquids looking to try a new taste. I noticed the hot dog chilli (more pureed than regular chilli) has tons of protein! I'm looking for some new tastes but afraid to try chilli. Plus, it has the ground up meat. Any suggestions?
Hollie313
on 5/29/12 8:34 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
I didn't eat it unti the pureed stage, but that's what my plan
entailed.  I would recommend calling your nut or surgeon, first.

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

SuzysJourney72
on 5/29/12 8:36 am - Wilmington, NC
Honestly, I would say no.  It would be ok on the pureed food stage if it's really mushy, but liquids means liquids.  I would stick to your plan if that's what it states.  Good Luck!

MzCali
on 5/29/12 8:37 am
RNY on 05/25/12
I wouldnt chance it you've come so far....if you cant take it call your NUT or DR and see what they say Im almost a week post-op so I know how your feeling....Your always there!!!!

acrespin1
on 5/29/12 8:43 am
RNY on 05/16/12
I have heard that some people lose interest in food after surgery. I must be the exception! lol  I feel desperate to get to the next phase and have some real food! And I was hoping I could eat some chilli, but I won't risk it! I can have soups, watery grits and potatoes but does anyone have any suggestions for some different taste???
poet_kelly
on 5/29/12 8:43 am - OH
No, chili is not a full liquid.  You could puree chili when you are on a pureed diet, or eat it normally on a soft foods diet.  But it is not a full liquid. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/12 8:51 am
RNY on 05/07/12
Kelly,

My diet says no red meat until full diet. can I puree wendy's chili that everyone talks about on puree? I attempt them again tomorrow
poet_kelly
on 5/29/12 11:41 am - OH
If you aren't supposed to eat red meat, then I guess you can't have Wendy's chili.  It has red meat in it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sara L.
on 5/29/12 9:26 am
 What if you added chili powder to tomato soup??  I'm with everyone else, don't jump ahead in your food stages.  

Good luck, 

Sara in Maui 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 471 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 462 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views