Who asked for their opinion anyways!!!!

AnaNinaMA
on 5/30/12 1:19 am - MA
RNY on 06/06/12
Im scheduled for surgery on June 6 yyyeeaauuhhh . I told about a handful of people mostly aunts because they would be hurt if I didn't tell them (old school ways) well its gotten around to few cousins and already I read somewhere (FB status) about fat lazy ppl getting approved for surgery. WTF were not children anymore so this childhood animosity is really tiring. If I were to point out that purging and eating laxatives are not means to lose weight I'd be the one acting childish (lmbo) I'm gonna take a fast from FB and stop reading negative nonsense. Thanks to this site I can vent , family is the first one to kick you when your down.

jewel-twin
on 5/30/12 1:27 am - Canada
HA I would respond and say "fat lazy people got off their ass and did a lot of research and found that "surgery" would be the fastest, safest, way to get their life back and "fat people" would like you to mind your own business...." Or something like that... honestly peeps can be so stupid sometimes.
(deactivated member)
on 5/30/12 1:57 am
RNY on 04/18/12
WIN!
DangerGirl
on 5/30/12 2:00 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/17/12
 BAH-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAA!!!!!!    

I'm book-marking that for possible future response and voted that the best reply EVER!

courtwillbehealthy
on 5/30/12 2:10 am - burlington, VT
 i agree ahahah xD GREAT just a huge Win xD
chatterpam
on 5/30/12 5:55 am - PA
LOVE IT!!!

AnaNinaMA
on 5/30/12 1:29 am - MA
RNY on 06/06/12
^major LIKE !!!!
MichelleNC
on 5/30/12 1:31 am
Wait this was a family member who posted this? Oh heck no I don't take a break from people talking smack about me. I would comment on it and just make mention of the fact that this surgery requires you to participate in a weight loss medically supervised diet for 3-6 months normally. Also to write something so negative is not helping the situation just bringing someone down who feels they have tried everything they can to be healthy. This is a last resort.

Ugh this just fires me up who is this person let me friend them on FBand give them a piece of my mind. If a family member ever says anything like that hell if anyone ever says anything like that to me I will go off. One friend said it was the easy way out when a mutual friend did it 2 years ago. I after being on this forum realized this is not the easy way out and had to set her straight. I saw this somewhere today on the forum in a post from awhile back that was copied here today and it said this isn't a wheee and we are a size 6 surgery. It takes time, hardwork, planning, and dedication to be a success. Hugs to you and vent away here we got your back!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 5/30/12 1:39 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
Honestly I think EVERYONE who has not had WLS has negative feeling about it, and actually in some way it IS the easy way out but mostly for us it is the only way out.
I was VERY against RNY after deciding to have the band, just ask my daughter's, they were both 30 when they had it and boy ohhh boy my husband and I were mad mad mad and here I am 6 years later having the same surgery and being grateful for it. I have had to apologize many times to my girls for the things i said and did before their surgery.
It is so hard on FB to not comment back to stuff but it would just start a tit for tat back and forth snitty argument and will lead to no end. You are better to just leave it alone.
My sister decided to tell everyone that I was having RNY because I was such a failure with the band , even our real estate agent!! so when she asked me what surgery i had i couldn't lie
People are not as sympathetic to our pain when we have this kind of surgery , unless they have been through it.
Gotta love family

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

jewel-twin
on 5/30/12 2:35 am - Canada
Hey Donna... you know what?  everyone is entitled to their opinion and these were your girls and you thought that you saw a "better way"  and no one can fault you for that... But what the OP's "family" member said is not an opinion its a statement and that statement shows EXACTLY how much love and respect she has.... My cousins, aunts etc might be worried for me, or tell me they don't think its a good idea but if anyone ever said something like that...I would not hold my "thoughts" back. 

Julia

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??