Help! 3 weeks postop and haven't lost any wgt since week 1! What is up!!!!

acrespin1
on 6/4/12 3:16 am
RNY on 05/16/12
So I am 3 weeks postop, came home from the hosp and lost 22lbs the first week. Now, in the last 2 weeks, I have lost nothing. Just making sure this is normal. I am getting most of my protein and fluids in though it is still a day to day struggle. Has everyone else experienced the same thing after RNY?
MichelleNC
on 6/4/12 3:41 am
I have read that it is quite common to have a huge loss and a "stall" although a stall isn't a stall until you hold the same weight 6weeks or more. So I learned here Love this place!
Anyway your body has had a lot going on and you are dealing with a huge 22 lb loss so it is probably trying to hold on for dear life. Just follow your plan and the weight will come off.
Congrats on the 22 lbs gone that is great!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Monica M.
on 6/4/12 3:54 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
when you look at the calories you're taking in, and realize that your body needs AT LEAST 1200 calories (at your present weight) just to keep your heart beating, your lungs breathing, just to keep you upright, you know that it makes sense, in terms of physics, that you will lose weight.

Your body is having a "WTF" moment, where it thinks you're doing something terrible to it, and so its hanging on to every store of energy there is.

You will lose. There is no way in heck that, in those first few months, your body can do anything but lose. Eventually. Let your system realize that you mean business, then the pounds will start dropping again.

what's likely happened, is that those first 22 lbs in that first week were a lot of fluids. You've likely gained back some fluids, and are dropping fat right now.

Try not to sweat it. It'll happen.

acrespin1
on 6/4/12 3:57 am
RNY on 05/16/12
Thanks for the encouragement! I can always count on yall to lift me up!!! I kinda figured that was what was happening. I just needed to hear it from someone who has "been there, done that"!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna try and be patient! :)
Sherry T.
on 6/4/12 11:27 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
I've only lost 22 since i started my whole journey, maybe 5 since surgery 13 days ago and I have a whole lot to lose.  I'm trying to be patient and make sure I eat the protein (there have been days I didn't and got more carbs) so I'm going back to basics after reading my handout from the doctor and like everyone says hopefully my body will start letting go.   Hang in there!   
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 154 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics