Protien Powders

eeyoremom2
on 6/8/12 7:03 am - WI
RNY on 06/01/12
So I am a week out and having a hard time stomaching protien drinks.. any suggestions??? I have tried smoothies, milk, water, making it into pudding it just is not working for me...currently I am using whey protien since I have to have 3 a day any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

5' 2" HW: 240.2 SW: 234.2 CW: 162.1 GW: 137lbs                  

"No dream is out of reach as long as you believe it."

"With faith all things are possible" 

jthubbard
on 6/8/12 7:07 am - NC
RNY on 04/16/12
Everyone is different but I started drinking Premier Protein shakes and love them.  I don't have to mix them and they have 30g of protein in each one.  I like the chocolate.

Todd

Checkout my new blog at http://mansperspctiveafterwls.blogspot.com/
SoCaPinkLady
on 6/8/12 8:49 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
I love the Premier Shakes too. I don't even chill them. I toss them in my purse and go. They taste really good for a Protiein Drink. I wish they would come up with more flavors. At Costco they only have Choc or Van and both are good.
poet_kelly
on 6/8/12 7:12 am - OH
what brands have you tried?  What don't you like about them?  Taste, smell, texture?

Have you tried adding anything besides millk and protein powder?  Have you tried them in hot drinks?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

eeyoremom2
on 6/8/12 7:35 am - WI
RNY on 06/01/12
I have tried the syntax nectar, jay robb, walgreens brand I don't care for the taste they are pretty hard to stomach. I havent treid hot drinks suggestions for that?

poet_kelly
on 6/8/12 7:39 am - OH
You can get samples of lots of different brands at vitalady.com.  Many people end up trying more than three brands before finding one they like.

To make a hot drink, hea****er in the microwave in a mug, and while it's heating, mix your protein powder with a couple ounces room temp liquid in another cup.  Stir it 'til you get a paste-like consistency.  Then stir that paste into the hot liquid.  You can make coffee and put protein powder in it, or hot chocolate and put protein powder in it, etc.

If you like coffee drinks, a spoonful of instant decaf coffee works well in chocolate or vanilla shakes, cold or hot, I think.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

artroxy blue
on 6/8/12 7:21 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Which one are you using? What flavor(s)?

I'm pre-op, and using Bariatric Fusion protein powders. They are a bit sweet to me, but I'll add coffee granules to either vanilla or chocolate. I also got unflavored (which is also unsweetened) so I can add other things, like Crystal Light or other SF syrups. 

One thing my surgeon suggests for post-op is to break up the protein drinks into 3-4oz. servings every two hours instead of a full serving at once. In between the protein shakes, sip, sip, sip water/other clear fluids. Maybe that might help? Good luck! 
eeyoremom2
on 6/8/12 9:36 am - WI
RNY on 06/01/12
Thanks everyone for all the help I just order like 12 samples from vitalady so hopefully I can find one that i like,

kelliejoy
on 6/8/12 10:23 am - IN
RNY on 05/21/12
I'm almost 3 weeks out and I have been drinking the Celebrate ENS protein shakes. I started with Chocolate then went to (today) cake batter... It is better than choc but me and these shakes are not on good terms!! Yuck!

hedrider
on 6/8/12 10:55 am - Midlothian, TX
 You just gotta keep trying them until you find one you like.  It might take several.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views