New to Forum, Date Set!

healthseeker
on 6/8/12 1:00 pm - alexandria, VA
RNY on 08/01/12 with
Hi All!
I have been lurking for a while and I just got the call that I have a surgery date- August 1st! Now that it seems real, I figured I would jump in and say hi.  This seems like a great source of support and information and I hope to be able to learn from you all and hopefully share my experiences with those who join the board in the future.
RPick67
on 6/8/12 1:05 pm
VSG on 06/11/13
Congrats!!  Hope to get my date around the same time as yours.

Cons. Wt. 394       Surg. Wt. 386        Curr. Wt.  311

rememberinme
on 6/8/12 1:46 pm - OR
 Good luck!  I am a bit of a 'lurker' too.  And this site is a God send for information and inspiration.  I love Kelly like I know her...smile.

Keep positive.. this surgery has been the best decision (other than adorable hubby and kids) of my life.  Hope the same for you!

Selenan101
on 6/8/12 2:45 pm
RNY on 06/06/12
 Congrats on your date!   What an exciting day:)
 Selenan 

GirlyQ
on 6/8/12 3:03 pm - ID
RNY on 07/30/12
 Congrats!! My surgery is July 30th so we will be having it around the same time.  Good luck! 
virvin
on 6/8/12 5:57 pm - CO
Hi and welcome to being a poster from being a lurker.  :)  Congrats on your date!  That is such an amazing feeling...i remember it like it was yesterday and I'm almost 1 year post op.  Here is a bit of help that I will offer:

1.  Come here often; read and post just as often
2.  Do not be afraid to ask questions here; people are awesome at providing feedback
3.  If your doctor hasn't yet pointed out on, find a local support group if you can.  It will really help.
4.  Journal, journal, journal; you will be glad you did.  Start keeping track of your body measurements.  When you get to a point where the weight is leveling out, you will see other changes in your body that will keep you motivated.
5.  I am sure you are going to have a lot of information coming at you.  If you can, have someone who is going to be both a supporter and a kick-you-in-the-bootey'er attend your appointments with you.  They can usually help you remember things as they are not in the "stress" mode while at the doctor's office.
6.  Most important...get ready for the ride of your life!!  This journey has taught me so much about myself.  I do not regret one single minute.  It wasn't easy, but as they say, things worth it are seldome easy. 

You will do great.  You have made an important decision that is going to bring you a whole new lease on life.  Embrace it.  It is sooooo worth it.

Hugs,
Vicky

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

dpflorida
on 6/8/12 8:41 pm, edited 6/8/12 8:42 pm - FL
VSG on 07/12/12
HI! Former lurker here, now hesitant participant...My surgery date is 7/12. It is getting very "real"  for me now. I hope I can be brave and composed through all of this as I would like. I am making use of this and other resources for education and reassurance. Have already learned quite a bit just from reading all kinds of different posts. All the best to my fellow "travelers" 
dp

healthseeker
on 6/8/12 11:57 pm - alexandria, VA
RNY on 08/01/12 with
 Thanks for all the advice and warm welcomes! I look forward to more posting and less lurking :)
sugarbabyhoneypump
kin

on 6/9/12 12:19 am - IN
 Welcome!  I'm very new here too.  Just started posting.  My surgery is set for 7/5/12.  It seems that everything is moving at warp speed now.  This is an execellent forum.  It'll be nice to stay in touch with people on similar points in  our WLS journey.  Good luck all!

~~Sonya~~
(Roux-en-y 07/05/2012) Heighest Weight/Surgery Day Weight 240lbs     
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 316 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 297 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??