First labs since initial consult!!!

tracy L.
on 6/12/12 1:59 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Hi all! I was just looking at my labs I had done last week which were at 2.5 weeks postop. My original set was done in February, 4 months to the day! Though the scale is not moving (sucks), my numbers sure are!!! Cholesterol dropped from 213 to 112!! Fasting glucose dropped from 99 to 66!! LDL cholesterol dropped from 148 to 62. Vitamin D rose from 25.8 to 76.3! Intact PTH Dropped from 91 to 53! I am very happy to see these values especially since my losing is non-existent this week and though I logically know this happens, my emotions get the best of me sometimes!! With that said, my labs clearly show that rny is working and I made a great lifestyle change!! I am only 3 weeks out so my real weight loss has yet to begin and I am already by far healthier!! Have a great day!!!

april89love
on 6/12/12 2:09 am - NC
Congratulations!! I know that is a good feeling!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

tracy L.
on 6/12/12 2:40 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Thank you!!! It really is a good feeling, especially since the scale isn't moving I am not very patient...

Kallen27
on 6/12/12 2:24 am

Sherry T.
on 6/12/12 2:28 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Can I ask a crazy question?  Do you count your weight loss from the very beginning?  I had surgery the day after you and my weigh loss is small too.  I know it will come but even if I count from the start of surgery consult to now I've lost 28 lbs and I've got about 140 more than you to lose.  Just wondering!! 
tracy L.
on 6/12/12 2:37 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
I am not exactly sure how everyone does it! I track mine on here from my highest weight since going to initial consult in February. I lost 22 before surgery, 16 of which was from two week liquid preop diet. Since surgery, I have only lost 12-13 pounds but scal hasn't moved in a week My surgeon and dietician who work together do not even discuss weight loss until 3 month appt.. The only concern they have through this first phase is healing, protein, fluid requirements and exercise. I wish I could let it go until them too, lol!! I have my 4 week appt (few days early) this Friday and should getoved to soft foods. I am exercising- more than expected so if I can keep my emotions out of logic, I would be great!!!!

kelliejoy
on 6/12/12 3:58 am - IN
RNY on 05/21/12
Hi Guys! I had my RNY on May 21st also! I am counting my weight loss from the time I left the hospital. When I checked into the hospital I weighed 291... when I left the hospital I weighed 299... Today I weighed 271!

How are you guys on excersising? I know I need to but I have been kinda weak and tired!

tracy L.
on 6/12/12 4:23 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Hi! My exercise has exceeded what I thought I could do! I have been walking, furthest difference of 6 miles I have also started jogging and can do just about a mile! I actually have more energy when I exercise Good luck to you!!!!

Sherry T.
on 6/12/12 4:50 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Okay, that's where you get me! I have been exercising but I am so out of shape that I make it around the block and I'm pooped.   I need to keep building up to it or do it multiple times a day. The doctor wants me to start out at 30 minutes a day....and I can but I usually have to break it up 2-3 times to get that much in.  At my weight my body is just shocked at the lack of food, throw in exercise and it just shuts down...atleast I think :) lol.      Sherry
tracy L.
on 6/12/12 7:26 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Believe me I am a slow jogger I am considered a lightweight of the surgery so I may have a bit of an advantage, lol! I thinks it is awesome when you or anyone else just gets moving!! It has been a long time since I have and I decided to jump into this process with both feet! I am not sure I will ever really be a runner but am just thankful to be motivated again!! Feel like the rny gave me back control!! Hope you feel that way too Hugs!!

Recent Topics