14 months post-op - life is good!

Rising_Phoenix
on 6/13/12 8:40 am - FL
I hit 14-months post-op and down about 169 pounds as of yesterday! Time has certainly flown by...  Sometimes it takes my breath away. I can remember the first surgeon's appointment and the day of surgery as if they were yesterday. All the fear I had about failing...  Funny how far I've come. There were times when I was absolutely convinced that I wasn't going to lose another pound and I was going to "fail" RNY just like the 5 million other weight loss attempts I had made in my life...   I have been overweight my entire life - so this whole relatively "normal size" is a completely new experience for me. So much has changed. I love being healthy and active! I have become a bit obsessed with running - never thought that would be something I would say, lol. I have more energy than I know what to do with. I am always looking for new things to do and new adventures to take because I don't fear being too big to do them! What an amazingly liberating experience. My weight loss has Slowed down quite a bit but I'm still losing. I have surpassed my surgeons goal and would like to take off another 20-25 pounds. The next big hurdle is to start thinking about reconstructive/plastic surgery because - oh my goodness - there are things sagging that I didn't even realize could sag!!  Yikes!  Anyway, I just wanted to share my experiences and my gratitude for this site and this forum. I don't post often but I read this forum almost daily and that has gotten me through some of the rough patches! This process is far from over - but it's nice to be where I am at the moment and to feel so happy.    

I have posted a bunch of pics in my profile for those who like to see transformation pics - feel free.

debbie0321
on 6/13/12 8:47 am - Cincinnati, OH
RNY on 08/06/12
Wow! You look wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing!
avivaps
on 6/13/12 8:47 am
RNY on 02/28/12
 Thanks for sharing. Your happiness is palpable. Beautiful pics and an amazing transformation, congrats on the running achievements. 

Andrea 

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

Amber Isbell
on 6/13/12 8:48 am - Devine, TX
Wow, so glad to hear from you.  At two weeks post-op I am experiencing some rough patches.  Glad you are healthy and happy.

HW:280, Lap Band 2005-225lbs-LW, Revision to RNY 06/05/12 -245lbs

Lilyvalley
on 6/13/12 8:53 am - CT
 Way to go!  You look fantastic!  I hear you on the plastics - my belly and arms are horrifying!

Sonogrrl
on 6/13/12 8:54 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Wow! Nicely done!
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
april89love
on 6/13/12 9:23 am - NC
You are doing fantasti****ep up the good work!!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

rockym
on 6/13/12 9:26 am
 Great job with your workouts and success!  You look amazing!

tulips52
on 6/13/12 9:42 am
 Absolutely beautiful!!! Congratulations!

anewbeginning2012
on 6/13/12 10:03 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12
 Amazing job! You can do the next 20-25 lbs...it just might be slow going, but you can do it.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 232 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 297 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics