Am I losing weight too fast?

amor1968
on 6/17/12 1:08 pm - AR
I am 3 months out and I have lost 94 lbs. Everyone I talk to and what I read says I am losing it too fast. Others have said that the bigger you are when you start out the faster you will lose. I don't know what to believe. I take all the required vitamins that I was told to take. For example today: breakfast was a protein shake, Lunch was about 1/4 cup of Michalina's lean meal, dinner was 1/4 avocado with 2 crackers. I am very full after eating like this. I do drin****d tea all day because water doesn't settle right at this point and crystal light burns my stomach. I am just asking for advice and some answers please. Thank you

justmycatandme
on 6/17/12 1:12 pm
RNY on 06/11/12
What is your recommended daily total of protein.  Seems like you may not bet getting the correct amount of protein based off of today's meal plan.  But then again, it depends on your doctor's plan.  I don't know what is to much or too little.   And hope that you find your answer soon. I would think 3 to 4 pounds a week is a good target.
amor1968
on 6/17/12 1:22 pm - AR
The Dr. plan said 60g of protein daily. I know I am not getting that much but I am not too far off though. I can say I am losing hair BAD though!
Lorrainecma
on 6/17/12 11:34 pm
 Get your protein in!!!!! That is why you are lossing your hair. You will still lose the weight, but the protein is so very very very important. Without it you will also lose a lot of muscle mass!!! GET YOUR PROTEIN IN!!!!

RPick67
on 6/17/12 1:23 pm
VSG on 06/11/13
I am no expert on this but I have watched alot of shows like "My 600lb. life" and "Extreme Makeover:  Weight loss edition"  which the latter one just had a new episode on last week.  Don't hold me to this, but the guy was under 400lbs. and Chris told him he wanted him to lose 100pds in the first three months.  The doctor on "My 600lb. life' does the same thing.....he knows how much they need to lose within the first few months to make it to goal...and its over 100pds.    based on the shows I've watched.....from where you started you are doing FANTASTIC!!! I don't know how tall you are, but at the rate you are going you are definately going to bypass your goal.  I think Onderland is going to be in your future.....and you eat Michalina' s and crackers.  You go girl!!!  Hope to do as well as you are.  Congratulations!!

Cons. Wt. 394       Surg. Wt. 386        Curr. Wt.  311

RPick67
on 6/17/12 1:27 pm
VSG on 06/11/13
I do agree with mycatandme.....you are not getting enough protein. 

amor1968
on 6/17/12 1:31 pm - AR
I just ordered Unjury last night so hopefully I will be able to get in more protein soon. I had all the labs done 2 weeks ago and they are the best they have ever been I really appreciate all the help. Thank you

Mary Catherine
on 6/17/12 1:38 pm
 http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/information/planner +results.php is a tool that will give you a projection of what to expect.  Put in your height, weight and what percentage you want to lose and it will give you a graph.  You are probably right on target.
WifeMama
on 6/17/12 2:47 pm
RNY on 06/21/12
 White Dove!!  That is the most awesome tool!  Thank you for sharing!! 
RPick67
on 6/17/12 3:02 pm
VSG on 06/11/13
Loved this projection tool.  Thanks for posting it.......definately added it to my favorites!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 288 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?