5 weeks and can't stop burping- why?

sidsid
on 6/20/12 11:34 pm
 Starting to feel human again after a horrible first month. 
If I need to eat , after I eat I start burping. Burping can go on for 15-20 mins none stop. I am not swallowing a lot of air or drinking high carbonated drinks. 
Why am I burping so much and how do I stop it.
Can't go back to work next week trying to find a quiet spot to burp to myself.
Burps are odorless and tasteless.
Anyone else get this, will it go away?
Larry Wassmann
on 6/20/12 11:47 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
Me too, me too, I can not believe it. I feel fine, but just like you I burp and burp. I used to burp sometimes before WLS but now it is out of control. I am going to talk to my PCP next week and that is one of the things I am going to talk about. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

sidsid
on 6/20/12 11:56 pm
 great, be sure to reply to me if he has any ideas
Thanks Larry
jmjm55077
on 6/21/12 2:07 am - MN
I know it has something to do with air intake and perhaps it's a way to force food down into our system...I too seemed to burp a lot the first three months or so especially right after eating...now 6 months out, it's usually not an issue unless I eat more spicey food. Good luck and please post up if you find out why.
jane   

Judy M.
on 6/21/12 3:54 am
Are you weighing out a 4 oz total portion for your meal? If so then try 2 oz per meal as burping is a symptom of overeating or putting too kuch in your pouch.

slucier82
on 6/21/12 4:52 am - MI
RNY on 04/23/12
I don't know how to fix it but there are times where I can't stop burping either. Grrr...
bronxladydiva
on 6/21/12 5:11 am - IN
I do that too....but more like a loud hiccup. My NUT told me it was my pouch's way of tellimg me it's full. She said some people sneeze & others my burp. So, if your not drinking thru straws or doing other things to get extra air, it might be our pouch telling you to stop eating.

christinalee
on 6/21/12 7:49 am - At Home in, NH
I'm sorry to tell you that at one year out, I still burp loudly and often. Sometimes it's less after meals, but I'm guess about 2/3 of the time when I eat, I belch away when I'm finished. And I'm not overeating, and I'm not eating too fast, and I'm not taking in too much air. I think I'm just a GREAT belcher. The Queen of Belching! But I'd rather be where I'm at today and belching than be where I was a year ago (and I still belched pretty good then too!).

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

kidnamedtoad
on 6/21/12 5:41 pm
I used to burp all the time and one day it just stopped.  Maybe that will happen for you. I fart a lot more than I used to though. 
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 295 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 270 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 232 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 317 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics