Ouch. Continuing abdominal issues...

keepitoff91
on 6/22/12 5:39 am
I am 14 months out, and been having abdominal issues.  I have a hard time eating.  It's a lot like it was immediately post op, I have been getting "stuck" almost once a day and having to bring food up or suffer really bad pouch spasms.  I don't think I am eating too much or too fast, I have been careful.  So I have been eating a lot of slider foods to try to combat this.  Today for lunch I had a small bowl of onion soup and a couple bites of chicken salad and felt the familiar, STOP, or you will get "stuck".  So I stopped but have had a huge cramping sensation in the middle of my abdomen since, right around the area of my belly button.

I have been taking prilosec, and been in touch with my surgeon.  I know now I am going to need tests, ouch.

What is happening to me??? Any ideas??

cajungirl
on 6/22/12 5:42 am
It's possible to get a stricture even further out, not as common as early post-op but it does happen.  I'm glad you contacted your surgeon, please have a scope do to check for a stricture and also have your surgeon check for ulcers (another common complication).

In the mean time, you may want to eat soft stage, bland foods and stay away from acidic foods in case you do have an ulcer.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Eliza55
on 6/22/12 7:29 am - PA

The tests that you'll most likely have aren't that painful.  Your doc may do an endoscopy to see what's going on, or an ultrasound to rule out some issues like gallbladder. 

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

owlisn
on 6/22/12 12:42 pm - NC
 I had a similar experience and mine was an ulcer.  I took Protonix and Carafate for a month and it started healing.  I have found that even a few months later, I cannot stop taking the Protonix without symptoms returning.
Allison

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 116 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?