Need some new food ideas

volky64
on 6/26/12 2:33 am
alright gang.
so from the responses from my post yesterday about being stuck in weight loss limbo, i'm really trying to up my protein and down my carbs and calories.

so tell me what are your high protein/low cal/carb food choices for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks??

i think the hardest for me is breakfast.  i was making greek yogurt smoothies, but after having them for a month everyday, i got a little tired of them.  so give me some of your favorite choices!!!
thanks everyone!!
(deactivated member)
on 6/26/12 2:39 am - Bay City, MI
For breakfast I do scrambled eggs and salsa. Love it'
TXKashmir
on 6/26/12 2:41 am - Grand Prairie, TX
I have a little tiny frying pan that I use to make a one-egg omelette using shredded cheddar and canned ham. Quick, easy & fills me up!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

volky64
on 6/26/12 2:42 am
I wish I liked eggs more.  I like the idea of eggs... but not the taste of them. lol
artroxy blue
on 6/26/12 3:31 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I've been enjoying 1/2 c. FF ricotta (12 g of protein) with 2-3 pumps of SF Irish Cream syrup (daVinci) and half a peach or some berries. I'm sure you could mix in some unflavored protein powder to it and up the protein even more. 

You could do a crustless quiche made with silken tofu if you're not jazzed with eggs. 

Kay L.
on 6/26/12 3:34 am - N., AL
I like boiled eggs and bacon. I really don't have to fix it. It's a cheap choice in the cafeteria at work. You can also pre-fix little omelette type things in muffin cups and freeze them. I don't have the exact recipe, but it's easy.
Blondie76
on 6/26/12 3:35 am - AL
I'm pretty boring in the mornings. Iced coffee with protein powder or Greek yogurt most days. You could make a crustless quiche or egg muffins. Think outside the box and have leftovers from dinner. You could also make frozen yogurt pops to have or protein ice cream (eggface recipe).
Lunch and dinner could be done on the grill. Marinated meats tend to stay more moist. Chicken in yogurt or buttermilk with spices is always good. Eat it alone or on a salad. Curry chicken salad made with Greek yogurt. Kabobs are easy and great as leftovers. Salmon, flounder, halibut all make great meals grilled or baked.
Most of our dinners this time of year are grilled with either grilled veggies or a salad as the side. You can even grill fruit to change things up a bit.
I also just saw a recipe where you thaw chicken breasts in pesto then fry the chicken with the pesto on it. Place that in a baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and top with tomato slices. Bake at 400 til the cheese is melted.
volky64
on 6/26/12 3:48 am
thanks everyone for your suggestions so far!!!

some days i just feel like i'm super hungry.  drives me crazy!!!
Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/26/12 4:17 am
some days for breakfast I just eat a reduced fat mozarella cheese stick. once in awhile, i eat half a cup of old fashioned oats with a scoop of plain protein powder and some Splenda. not often though, and always at home, so if I have an sugar issues I can correct it quickly and recover in peace.

Also, smoked salmon is a good snack for me.
twcayce
on 6/26/12 4:23 am - cayce, SC

If you don't mind me asking...what kind of sugar issues do you have and how do you recover quickly?

T

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 381 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 575 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 294 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?