Am I imagining this? - feel better after protein shake

sidsid
on 6/27/12 4:12 am

6 weeks  post surgery, has a horrible 4 weeks and the last 2 weeks are much better.
Taste buds refuse to tolerate the presurgery ensures etc, hate the sweet tastes.
FINALLY found and and can tolerate a unflavoured protein powder and finally starting to get some real protein down

I feel better and feel more energenic within 30 mins of drinking a homemade protein shake, is this my imagination ( psychosomatic ) or has anyone else experienced this?

I know I am still a bit dehyrated and without the shake ( 18gm protein) maybe eating 10 gms of protein a day ( food sourced ).
soozieq
on 6/27/12 4:47 am
You're only getting 10 grams a protein a day without the shake?  I would feel awful!  What kinds of food are you eating?
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
sidsid
on 6/27/12 4:56 am
i am eating food high in protein ( although meat is still had to digest - the 'alien baby" fights back ) but I can eat only very small amounts. Cheese one slice is it for a meal etc tec.
so you do feel awful without the protein, so maybe this isnt my imagination. 
Adrianne_Dawn
on 6/27/12 6:21 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
 Yeah I doubt it's your imagination. My blood sugar kinda drops quickly now so if I drink a protein drink I feel 100% better.  You have to try to get in that protein as hard as it is. Change things up, try Nectar I hear it makes more of a fruity clear drink that some people find easier then the creamy type ones. 

Good luck!!

hedrider
on 6/27/12 3:07 pm - Midlothian, TX
 It's amazing how much better you feel when you actually give your body the fuel it needs to run.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 316 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 248 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 321 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics