not eating much

sacaudle
on 7/4/12 12:16 am - NC
Hi everyone!  happy 4th! 

So I'm feeling pretty good 7 weeks out, but I have to say, I'm not eating much. 

I manage a protein shake a day, 5-6 SF popsicles, 1 half egg, and a few piecs of low fat cheese.  If I'm lucky I can do some ff refried beans and some ricotta cheese.   

At this stage I'm suppose to be eating most foods...but I really can't.  Is that okay?

poet_kelly
on 7/4/12 12:19 am - OH
How much protein are you getting?

Why aren't you eating more?  Do you not have an appetite?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Calla Lily
on 7/4/12 12:53 am
RNY on 01/23/12
I was the same way not eating every much solids as I should have been. My Dr said that as long as I was getting my protein in, that was fine, and that some people just take longer to move to solids. He said sometimes it is a fear of pain, so although I didn't think I could eat much, it was my own fear of swallowing. I did feel a little afraid, and would catch myself chew chew chewing a tiny piece of chicken, then spitting it out thinking I couldn't swallow it. I stayed on soups with skim milk powder added until I was a good 3 and half months out before I could eat more solid type foods. Again, I don't know if I COULDN'T eat, or if it was a FEAR as my Dr suggested. I know that when I would have maybe 3 small bites, I would think I was very full, whereas I could eat a half cup of apple sauce with no problem. I even find now that I am a little over 5 months post op, I still find myself leaning toward soft food. But am doing much better trying solids, chewing and swallowing! My Dr was not concerned as long as I was getting my protein in no matter the form.

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 421 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 505 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 487 views